Directory Plugin - Default Theme still not working for me.

Am revisiting attempt to install Directory plugin.

I have determined that the problem SEEMS to be with the default theme, as I do not get the error message when using other themes.

Directory Theme: By Tammie Lister, Ivan Shaovchev (Incsub) Version 1.1.1

Here is a link to my latest attempt to start a directory based site from scratch. Auto Insurance Circle

With this theme installed, I KEEP getting the same error message whenever I click on a post link. (Recent Posts) (So far, no problem with the directory part.)

ERROR MESSAGE:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function dp_posted_on() in /home/aicircle/public_html/wp-content/themes/directory/loops/loop-single.php on line 7

Getting very frustrated, as I am primarily interested in directory based website, right now.

Thanks

• aecnu

Greetings PJ,

Thank you for this great question and a significant item to bring up.

Sorry to hear that you are still having trouble with the Directory plugin in which I have never been able to replicate.

As a matter of fact using this exact theme the original post I made of for you to prove that it indeed works just fine posted Apr 20 2012 and still remains located at http://directory.aecnuwpmu.us/ in the restaurant section - feel free to see for yourself - even your name and icon are still present.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/directory-plugin-normal-blog-posts#post-210802

I ask because we have been chasing this for a long time and I could never reproduce the error on our servers in Columbus Ohio nor in Seattle Washington.

Therefore I think there is something in the server configuration that is causing this error. When I looked this issue up in the ticket history in WPMU Dev with a search of all tickets, I could find only four relating to this issue from more then 7000+ members, and I am sure you are in three and the fourth you were a commenter thereof.

So who is your web host? Linux or Windows? If linux CentOS or?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu

Greetings PJ,

While I am waiting for your response here you were too bust opening an already closed ticket here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/directory-theme-creates-errors-with-file-uploader-plug-ins

The above ticket even though the error was the same was related to file uploader plugins. Are you indeed running any file uploader plugins?

Now that i got your attention back on your own ticket, please advise as to what version of the directory plugin you are running? Version 2.1.1.5 or?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• PJ

Thanks for response. Am using 2117 ... latest plugin version. Only other plugin so far is akismet for spam. I also see custompress. Presumably, this comes with the Directory plugin?

I did check out that example. Glad it is working for you. I appreciate the work you did.

RE:

could find only four relating to this issue from more then 7000+ members

... Do you know of anyone else actually developing a directory, using this theme?

I am definitely not a coder, but this problem seems to be in the default theme file for Directory, in the loop-single.php file.

Sorry, I did also respond to Arnold's response / suggestion. Will try best to avoid duplicate posts in future.

Here is LINK to show the improvement I have made so far. Still need to fix the alignment at bottom of page. Presumably, inside loop-single.php file.

Thanks

PJ

• aecnu

Greetings PJ,

Thank you for your additional input, it is greatly appreciated.

I also see custompress. Presumably, this comes with the Directory plugin?

This is absolutely correct, it is indeed installed with/by installing Directory.

Sorry, I did also respond to Arnold's response / suggestion. Will try best to avoid duplicate posts in future.

Not a problem. I apologize that I seemed a little frazzled that I was waiting for a response here and suddenly we were working over there. Yesterday was my first day of no smoking in 30 years so I admit I am not quite myself these days.

What I do not understand and having a hard time getting my head wrapped around is why we are getting this issue now and in the past i.e. April where we worked on this previously together and I have never been able to replicate the issue on two different servers? i.e. Columbus Ohio and Seattle Washington.

These are not WPMU Dev Servers either, tweaked to run this way or that, these are regular hosting servers that are part of my hosting company.

Here is LINK to show the improvement I have made so far. Still need to fix the alignment at bottom of page. Presumably, inside loop-single.php file.

What happened to make the footer go awry like this? Do you have any ideas?

I only ask because I do not see this in my installation.

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• PJ

I suspect that servers are not the issue, but I am not sure. I suspect that the code in loop-single.php just needs fixing Please see my change above.

Seems I fixed most of the problem myself; and I am NOT PHP or HTML coder.

Anyone know how I can finish fixing this page?

Relevant file = loop-single.php (Inside the directory plugin default theme directory)

Hopefully, it requires only HTML to properly align the bottom of the page

Please see this page, go to page bottom and tell me what I need to do to finish the fixing of this file /page.

Thanks

PJ

• aecnu

Greetings PJ,

I never thought that the hosting was a problem.

On the contrary, I was trying to point out that this has worked in April and now out of the box without any special tweaks or hosting considerations.

I will see if the lead developer can offer any input into resolving your remaining issues.

Though this may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, I will try to get him in here asap.

Cheers, Joe

• PJ

Gentlemen

Thanks for replies.Arnold, I will try this fix later today or this week.

ASIDE: Do you (or anyone) know of anyone who has created a directory based website, using this directory plugin, using the default theme? Can you post a link(s) or is there a showcase?

I would like to know what is possible before I invest more time with this project.

I am not a coder, but am not a dummy either. When 7000+ members don't get the same error I am getting, after spending so much time on various fixes, I am somewhat concerned.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.