Directory Plugin Does Not Look or Do what the Screenshots Show

Hello,

I downloaded your directory plugin for a non-profit organization client of mine. The screenshots showed the look, functions and flexibility that we were looking for. However, the version that I installed into my website does not look or function like the screen shots.

1) I do not have Directory Setting (the gear icon with the title Directory) in the Setting portion of my dashboard I only have setting in the Listings Custom Post Type (the push pin with the Listings title).

2) I don't have and Appearance capabilities that are shown in the screen shots.

3) I don't seem to have Authorize.net capabilities which are very important to them.

4) The category default layout is very different. The screen shot shows the categories in boxes which span across the page. We have a single list showing: http://dev.homeopathy.org/directory/

It looks like it is a different lite version… whats up?

I purchased a month membership just so I could utilize the functions of this plugin. Help, Lisa Rae

• Paul
    • The Green Incsub

Lisa Rea, Thanks for being a WPMUDev member. I’m not the plugin developer but had some time and thought I would attempt to provide some assistance. My responses to your questions are below:

1) I do not have Directory Setting (the gear icon with the title Directory) in the Setting portion of my dashboard I only have setting in the Listings Custom Post Type (the push pin with the Listings title).

[Paul] Sort of confused on this one. In your wp-admin left nav look inside the Listings section. You should see the Settings sub-nav as the last item.

2) I don’t have and Appearance capabilities that are shown in the screen shots.

[Paul] I’n not sure which screenshot you are referring. I just checked the plugin main page https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/wordpress-directory/installation/ and don’t see any screenshots for the Appearances section.

3) I don’t seem to have Authorize.net capabilities which are very important to them.

[Paul] My understanding is the Directroy plugin does not yet support Authorize.net. At least I don’t see mention of that in the documentation.

4) The category default layout is very different. The screen shot shows the categories in boxes which span across the page. We have a single list showing: http://dev.homeopathy.org/directory/

[Paul] Can you provide a screenshot of what you are seeing. Please include the full page so I can tell where in the site navigation you are viewing the page.

• lisarae
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

The screenshots that I am referring too can be found at: https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/wordpress-directory/screenshots/

1) Image 12 of 16 shows the Directory Setting tab that I don't have, but it looks like the CustomPress tab that I do have.

2) Image 7 of 16 shows the Directory Colors menu in Appearance Tab.

3) Image 10 of 16 shows an Authorize.net option right next to the Paypal Express.

4) Image 6 of 16 shows the category layout I am referring too. I noticed at the bottom of the CustomPress Settings page (see attached screenshot) an option (not checked by default) to create a single.php file for directory_listings. I would think there should be a php file already created like this to give you the look in the referenced screenshots… but editing these files is really out of my skill level except for minor adjustments.

Images 11 of 16 shows a different layout of the dashboard tabs compared to my screenshots.

Lisa Rae

• Paul
    • The Green Incsub

Looks like the screenshot is out of date. Still trying to digest this and figure out where the lines between Directory and Custom Press are. Still not sure on the Authorize.net feature removal and/or the Appearances > Colors panel. Still digging. Sit tight.

• lisarae
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Thank you Paul for trying to help.

I see on another post that as of today that WPMU is going to redo the whole plugin. I am very upset about this issue and the screenshots not matching the product! I can not use this for my client and I can not charge my client for it. I have submitted a request for refund the the contact form. I think someone should take this plugin down until you resolve your issues.

Sincerely,

Lisa Rae

• Paul
    • The Green Incsub

Lisa Rae,

Thanks for trying the Directory plugin. Sorry it didn’t work out for you.

If you removed the plugin it should also no longer show the Listings menu in your wp-admin. Do you also have CustomPress installed and active? I just tried on my end. I deactivated Directory and like you still saw the ‘Listings’ nav. Went into my Network Admin and deactivated CustomPress. Now the ‘Listings’ nav is no longer showing. Strange I agree.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.