Directory plugin does not show categories

Hi,

I just purchased the Directory plugin (Version 2.1.2.1) and I did not find a manual on how to install it, and when I visited the Getting started page the "Installation and instructions page" link takes me to a screen where I purchased the plugin. The screen images do not match my dashboard/install.

Anyway, I think I installed it correctly and was able to add a listing. The problem is that I cannot see the categories in the default /listing page. I added the shortcode [dr_list_categories style="grid | list"] to the page and no luck. I am using Magazine3.com template and it appears that the page is using the default archive page template. I tried changing it to Full width page and no luck again.

Please let me know where I can find the install manual and how to fix the listing page so I can see the categories.

Thanks,
Francisco

• aecnu

Greetings Francisco,

Sorry to hear that you are having an issue with the Directory plugin.

When I checked the documentation for the Directory plugin it matches letter for letter of what is described there to include the graphics. Since we are indeed using the exact same version, I will assume you must have overlooked this page somehow.

Your use of the short code and switch for the categories i.e. [dr_list_categories style="grid | list"] is incorrect - the categories cannot be both grid and list at the same time.

Therefore if you want a grid the short code would be like this:
    [dr_list_categories style="grid"]

And consequently if you want just a list the short code would be like this:
    [dr_list_categories style="list"]

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.