Directory plugin question

Hello, I just purchased directory plugin and realized that I just find find the option to add more then one subscription plan. I can see a payment tab with option to set the price but there is nothing that would let me create more then one subscription plan. Such function is vital for directory, please help me to figure it out.

thank you,
Oleg.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Oleg,

Welcome to WPMU DEV!

Thank you for the great question and unfortunately the only two subscription plans available with Directory are free and paid. The ability to have more then these have been submitted in a formal feature request to the lead developer.

Unfortunately to date this new feature has not yet been developed.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

• Oleg
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello Arnold,

thank you for getting back to me. As I understood I need to purchase membership plugin first in order to be able to create more then one subscription for directory. So, right now I am trying to purchase the membership plugin but it wont let me do that, for some reason it keeps asking to upgrade, how can I get the plugin as single product just like I did with directory for $19? I need to setup eveything firt to make sure it works well for my project and later I could plan to upgrade.

• Oleg
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Ok, I decided to upgrade directly to full membership avoid any dificulties with that and not to waste your time of course. The most important for me right now is to get it going and be able to setup additional subscriptions. I am dowloading right now the membership plugin then lets see what could be done with that and directory.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings oleg_mikheles,

It appears that Arnold has addressed this in a different post as indicated in his last post above.

It also appears this particular topic is now resolved/closed, if you need any further assistance please let us know.

If it wasn't resolved, or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

• Oleg
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello and happy holidays to everyone.

Unfortunately I don't feel that my question being resolved as I am still not able to combine two plugins to achieve multiple subscription plans as it was recommended by Arnold:

"You'd need to combine it with Membership which would give you all that extra functionality."

I also read the recommended thread but it does not cover multiple subscription plans.

So, I would appreciate your help and further directions on that.

thank you.

• Arnold
    • El Macho WP

It requires programming which goes beyond what's offered in a support venue. You need to be able to test a given user's membership and conditional allow your fields to show. It's relatively simple.

You have to be able to get the user who entered the listing your protecting. You would get this from the global $post variable.

$author _ID = $post->post_author;

then use that id to get the information about that author as a member using the M_Member object.

$member=new M_Member($author_ID);
    if(! empty($member) { //Is tis id a member?
    // do stuff
    }

then check there level, subscription etc

$member->has_subscription
    $member->on_level($level_id);
    $member->on_sub($subscription_id);

and use those to control what is displayed.

If all of this is confusing you probably need to get a programmer involved to help you with the work. You can find many at

https://premium.wpmudev.org/wpmu-jobs/

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings oleg_mikheles,

We have indeed kindly tried to help you to include giving support way beyond the scope of the support we provide here and I am sorry that we are not going to teach you php/coding either.

We have indeed gone above and beyond the call of duty in this ticket and it appears that no good deed goes unpunished. (like us clearly trying to help beyond our support mandate)

With that said and Arnold's last post above as an example of this, this ticket is now closed.

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.