Directory Plugin Search bar and post thumbnbail pics

Hi I have bought the directory plugin, the demo shows a search bar and also pictures for the listings/ posts, however when I have installed it no search bar or post pics are available? Are these extra plugins? It's quite misleading if that is the case.

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

Hello there!

Welcome to the Community!

The Demo site is actually displaying the default theme that is packaged with the Directory Plugin. It's located in the plugin files and you can easily add it to your theme files and activate it. It is a very basic theme, not many bells and whistles.

Let me know if you need anything else!

Kimberly

• amanda_fletcher
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Kimberly,

Thanks for getting back to us so soon, that great. I have had a look through the files but can't see the plugins file anywhere in the directory file. Just so we're on the same page I am using the directory plugin within another theme. I'd like to activate the search bar, small thumbnails that appear by posts made and also the advertising banner. Any healp would be much appreciated!

Cheers! : D

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings amanda_fletcher,

Chiming in from the other thread that I am working with you and I think that Kimberly was pointing you in the right direction IF you were indeed going to change the theme and not use the Theme Forest theme.

There is no way to integrate the Directory native theme within your Theme Forest theme without heavy custom coding which is way beyond the scope of the support we provide here.

In your original post you mentioned it was miss leading but these items are indeed 100% theme related items and is certainly not misleading because indeed it shows just like in the picture that you are referring to when using the included theme - following that line of thinking you need to use the included directory theme and it will show up exactly as you indicated.

I hopefully clarified some things for you above and I look forward to continue working with you in the other thread.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.