Directory Plugin Signup Error

When I put all the api info in both real and sandbox, I get an error when trying to sign up for a new account on the directory site. I get this error below:

SetExpressCheckout API call failed.

Detailed Error Message: Security header is not valid

Short Error Message: Security error

Error Code: 10002

Error Severity Code: Error

Can you help?

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi stefanbean,

That generally would be due to the credentials being incorrect. PayPal requires different credentials for Sandbox and Live accounts. Could you please verify you’re using the respective credentials for the type of account you’re using in the settings for Directory, either Live or Sandbox?

Thanks,

David

• stefanbean
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Yes, I began by using the sandbox credentials with the sandbox selected. That brought the same error back. Then I tried real credentials both sandbox and live and they both returned the same error.

Is there a waiting period before I can check to see if it works? Other options?

• stefanbean
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Ok, so it works in live mode only when I select the monthly payment option and go to pay with paypal. If I select the one time payment, it gives me that error. My sandbox version doesn’t work at all and every option I choose gives that error.

Please help me figure this out.

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi stefanbean,

Sorry you’re experiencing some trouble with that. I’m gonna ask the developer to have a look on that one as I’m really not sure why it would work for the monthly but not the one-off payment.

To help with that though, could you possibly provide a screenshot of the settings when using the one-off option?

Alternatively, you might want to use the updated version provided in the following thread:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/new-directory-plugin-version-20-beta

There’s lots of work being done with the plugin in that thread and it’s to be released shortly. And I believe it’d sort any payment issues as the payment portions have been essentially re-coded.

-David

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya,

Just checking if it was eventually resolved in another thread? Or by yourself separately to us? Or by us over email with you? Or using our live support?

If so, no need to reply, that’s great news.

If not, could you let us know by re-opening this topic, and we’ll get onto it and helping you out asap!

Otherwise, happy days, glad you got it sorted :slight_smile:

Thanks!

p.s. I’ve also tagged Andrey here in case you do reopen this, as they’ll definitely be able to help you!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.