Directory Plugin to look like Demo

Hi there!
I have purchased the Directory plugin but I am having a hard time with the styling. I've looked into some of your forums and there appear to be similar questions but I am still unclear as to how I can get the layout of my directory to be similar to the demo.
I was also wondering if you could direct me on how a search plugin like Relevanssi,would be set up to search the custom fields or how I should apply it.
Thanks,
Veronica

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there Veronica,

Welcome to WPMU DEV! I hope you are well today.

How did you want to customize the appearance of Directory? It does include a default theme, that you can find if you download the plugin, unzip it > themes > and zip up the default folder, you can then upload this via wp-admin > themes > upload and that will give you the same style as the demo.

Once you have upload/installed the Relevanssi search plugin, you go to settings > relevanssi and from there, you scroll down the page a bit, choose which posts types you want to index and then click "save indexing options and build the index"

Please let me know if you need further assistance with this issue :slight_smile:

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV member!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• veronica_molina_burnham
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I love the layout of the directory itself on the screenshots. But I am having a few problems. The listings doesn't show the title and I get something that shows "ListingsListingsListings" where the title should be and in a few other places. I also don't get a View Listing option and I would like to have my post information to the right as is in the demo. Same story in the actual listing with regards to the placement of the post info. I also can't seem to find the location for the directory colors in my dashboard.
    Sorry that seems like a lot but thanks for your help!
    http://www.trifuse.org/directory

• WPMU DEV Initiate

Alright, I was able to customise a few things using css but I'm still confused with some funky happenings. I currently have two listings in there but it is only displaying the title of one and its removing the others title but showing the rest of the information. Any ideas on how to fix that?

I am also getting a weird background on my contact form behind the Submit button. I would like that background to be gone. None of the css I am using is doing the trick.

I tried to move my description to the right of the image thumbnail but I'm not sure if I used the best coding. Could you tell me if it looks good to you guys?

Is there any way to remove the contact user button and place a link in my custom field for email?

I am also still unsure how to put my meta information to the right when it displays all my listings. Thoughts?

I know that I'm probably draining you but I certainly appreciate your time and assistance. Thanks so much!

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there Veronica,

Thank you for the additional information, I hope you are well today.

I know that I'm probably draining you

Don't worry it's no hassle at all, I'm here to help :slight_smile:

To confirm, this is your listings page http://trifuse.org/listings/ ?

I'm only seeing one listing and not two, is other set to "published" ?

I tried to move my description to the right of the image thumbnail but I'm not sure if I used the best coding. Could you tell me if it looks good to you guys?

I've attached a screenshot, looks good to me :slight_smile:

Is there any way to remove the contact user button and place a link in my custom field for email?

It would be possible to remove this and add a custom field for email, but then everyone's email address could/would end up with a lot of spam, in my opinion, let me know if you want do this and I'll guide you :slight_smile:

I am also still unsure how to put my meta information to the right when it displays all my listings. Thoughts?

I've attached a screenshot of where I think you want it displayed :slight_smile:

I am also getting a weird background on my contact form behind the Submit button. I would like that background to be gone. None of the css I am using is doing the trick.

I've attached a screenshot on this as well :slight_smile:

If you could just confirm, then I'll get together the line numbers and some CSS you need :slight_smile:

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• WPMU DEV Initiate

You are awesome!

I'm only seeing one listing and not two, is other set to "published" ?

I have them both set to "Published". You probably see (if you are seeing what I am) the title of "Trifuse", which is one listing and the image and excerpt of "Coach Keena Training". I'm not sure why its doing this.
    I'm fine with the contact form staying. I would like it to drop down directly from where the button is though. Is that possible? I had to add a clear tag so that it wouldn't go overtop the description and custom fields.
    Yes, that subit image you displayed is the exactly what I am trying to get rid of. :slight_smile:
    And yes that is where I want my meta description to display, on both the individual listings page and the full listings page. (If that makes sense)
    Thanks so much for all of your help!

• WPMU DEV Initiate

So I saw the other shortcode option for buttons that calls upon an image which would fix the button font problem that I had earlier but whenever I the shortcode in it displays the shortcodes and everything on the page exactly as it looks in the WYSIWYG. Is there a special way to put the code in so it doesn't display that way?

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there Veronica,

Sorry for the delay on this one, somehow I missed your last reply's.

You want to override the font correct? In that case I would use the @font-face rule, https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/beautiful-typography-for-wordpress-and-buddypress-using-the-font-face-rule/

Where abouts are we on the other problems, listings not showing etc, still the same?

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV member!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Jack,
    No problem with the delay.
    In regards to the issues I will just list them out for you.
    - Thanks for the tip of the font override. I would like to use my own image for it using the shortcode given but it appears to be broken. All the code shows around the image and it has a gray background which seems to break the page. Any idea on if I might be doing something wrong?
    - The listings page is still showing the title of one with the image and description of another. Both are published but neither have all their details show on the listings page.
    - I still haven't figured out the meta description location on my listings page. I would like it to appear on the right like it does when you see the entire listing.
    - The contact form opens up over top of the description or gets pushed to the side. Can I make it just drop down from where it is?
    - Is there a way to put a "Directory" button on my Listings page or individual listings pages so my users can always go back to the directory page?

Oh man, that's alot. Thank you so much for your patience and help!
    V

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there Veronica, @veronica_molina_burnham

I hope you are well today, sorry for the extreme delay on this, I completely missed your reply.

I would like to use my own image for it using the shortcode given but it appears to be broken. All the code shows around the image and it has a gray background which seems to break the page. Any idea on if I might be doing something wrong?

Could you post a screenshot of where your putting the shortcode and how you are using it? If your using it in the visual editor, can you try in the HTML one, as sometimes WordPress will put in some extra formatting which will break it.

The listings page is still showing the title of one with the image and description of another. Both are published but neither have all their details show on the listings page.

Sorry I think I was thinking it was a different issue, I believed you had a two published, but only one showing, but you actually have two published, one showing, but the title is of one and the image and description are from your other one correct? Are you still using the default listings page or was that using a shortcode to display the listings?

The listings page is still showing the title of one with the image and description of another. Both are published but neither have all their details show on the listings page.

Do you want to take the meta description itself and put it in that box or do you want to manually input the description that shows there?

The contact form opens up over top of the description or gets pushed to the side. Can I make it just drop down from where it is?

I can see that it pushing the whole description down, whereas it should be opening it underneath, I'll let the developer know about this, as it may be a theme issue or something more simple, but don't worry, we'll get to the bottom of it :slight_smile:

Is there a way to put a "Directory" button on my Listings page or individual listings pages so my users can always go back to the directory page?

Sure, this shortcode [dr_listings_btn text="Listings" view="always"] will generate a button that links back to all listings.

Again I apologize about the delay on this, thank you for your patience.

@rawearthman Hi there, Kristi, I hope you are well today, are all your issues exactly the same? Do you have a link to your site?

Thank you both for being WPMU DEV members! Hope you both have a great weekend and again sorry about the delay.

Kind Regards
    Jack.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.