Directory Plugin: URL Changes, Account Limits, and Categories

I have a few things I want to change with my directory plugin but don't know how to go about it.

1. Can I change the URL from /listings to /directory? if so, how?
2. Can I limit my users to one directory entry per account?
3. My categories aren't showing, is that due to nothing being in the categories, or could it be a theme issue?

• Kimberly

freemarketers

Hi and Welcome to WPMUdev forums!

I'll address your questions inline for the sake of being clear :slight_smile:

1. Can I change the URL from /listings to /directory? if so, how?

I'm afraid it's not possible to change that slug.

You could however use an .htaccess rule to rewrite 'listings' to something else.

2. Can I limit my users to one directory entry per account?

Currently we are looking into adding this capability.

3. My categories aren't showing, is that due to nothing being in the categories, or could it be a theme issue?

Aren't showing where? On a page? If you are not using the Directory theme that shipped with the plugin you may have an issue with it displaying out of the box.
    You can use the [dr_list_categories] shortoode to show your list of categories on any page in any theme. This should show all of your Categories, populated or not. There is an option on the General settings page that will hide sub-categories if not populated.

Hope this helps!

Best,

Kimberly

If this thread is not resolved because the suggested action did not work or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.