Directory Plugin -Various Problems

We have installed the directory plugin -Single site and customized the form fields using custom press that came with the plugin. I have defined the roles of users like editor, admin, subscriber, etc. Editors have also started making listings. Here are the problems both as editors and admin:

a) "Error" in uploading images but the images actually get uploaded to the media library
b) Unable to select the images from media library when you try to edit a listing
c) All new listings by "editor" show up as "draft" even though under capabilities, an editor has the ability to publish
d) As an admin, unable to select all listings and publish at once

• Vaughan

hiya

i have spoke with the developer regarding this, there's a sort of bug in the current WP which can cause the image problem. it has to do with the programming remembering a previous post and reusing the id. If it doesn't belong to the current user there's an error.

are you using the full media manager for images? if so, try disabling it. (screenshot 2) it might not help, however the developer is looking into a workaround for it as this WP bug does affect other plugins too, not just our plugins.

The Draft on submission is by design. Just because you have the capabilities doesn't mean you've been authorized to publish. Authorization is by purchase. Admin of course can do anything. Editor probably can't so when they publish it sees it's not paid for and sets it to draft until you do.

i'm not sure why you can't bulk publish though as that's WP core functionality.

do you get any errors when you press ctrl+shift+J in chrome/firefox?

or can you enable WP_DEBUG.

please follow this flowchart to see if there's another plugin/theme that might conflict with the plugin.

hope this helps.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.