Directory and multisite compatibilty issues

I've had a lot of patience with this plugin over the last year waiting and waiting for it to be finished, but the fact that it's still having problems and they are supposed to have been addressed and they still don't work right, it's really starting to get on my nerves. I have paid plenty of money to you guys in good faith.

Here's the latest issues.

I'm using Directory 2.05, Affiliate 2.4.5 (Goign to upgradde to 2.4.6 to see if it helps with some issues)

--
SUBSITE.DOMAIN.COM > Listings > Capabilities

I have disabled and re-enabled the plugin hoping maybe it is fixed on instantiation. I thought maybe the problem was that on my subsite I hadn't added in the paypal information yet, so I added in my sandbox information and saved it, but to no avail the problem persists. How do I get the Directory User Paid, and Directory User Unpaid Member to show up on a subsite? Right now users are unable to be added on subsites when they sign up because of this.

--
SUBSITE.DOMAIN.COM > Listings > Affiliate

This feature will be available only after installation the Affiliate plugin and activation the Directory add-on there.
More information about the Affiliate plugin you can get here.

Please activate:
1. The Affiliate plugin - Completed
2. The Directory add-on in the Affiliate plugin (Notice it says not completed here?)
--

NETWORK ADMIN > Dashboard > Affiliates > Manage Addons

Addon Name Addon File Active
Addon Name Addon File Active
Directory add-on by Andrey Shipilov (Incsub)
Affiliate system plugin for the WordPress Directory plugin
directory.php Active

--

Finally,

On the signup page you can select "Credit Card" as a signup option, but the authorize.NET modules aren't configurable under payment types anymore, all I see is Free Listings and Paypal. It only shows up on the "One time Payment" page. Why is this showing up now?

• Kimberly

Kruzen,

Seems like you're having quite a bit of issues! Sorry to hear that!

Let's see if we can get you fixed up :slight_smile:

First, I just want to make sure you are using all of the latest versions of all the plugins.

Second, you seem to be running a few different plugins. I am aware that some take precedence over others so I'd like to know:

what are you running? I see membership, directory, affiliate...anything else?

You cannot select the Authorize.net gateway at all?

Have you logged out and logged back in to make sure all of your settings are taking root?

:slight_smile: I know you're frustrated, and to be honest I myself am having a time setting it up on a site of my own, but with different issues. Please note, the big guys here at WPMU have taken note of all this Directory hubbub and are responding accordingly behind the curtain. I'm here to help if you can keep your frustration directed at the plugin and not me :smiley:

• Kruzen

First, I just want to make sure you are using all of the latest versions of all the plugins.

yep, just updated both directory and affiliate to current. I'm using the 'default' theme from the directory plugin folder.

what are you running? I see membership, directory, affiliate...anything else?

No membership. I'm using Directory, Custompress, and Affiliate

You cannot select the Authorize.net gateway at all?

Correct, as of the last update the inline options for payment types are free or paypal, but Authorize.Net still shows up on the one-time payment options for users, it however does not show up for monthly payment options for users.

Have you logged out and logged back in to make sure all of your settings are taking root?

Yep, with multiple accounts, network admin, normal users, etc.

• Kimberly

Kruzen,

Ok doing some digging around.

Looks like the authorize.Net gateway is not available on Directory monthly users So what you see is what you have, it's not a problem, just a lack of the option :slight_smile:
    I am assuming that it is using PayPal for the Credit Card as it's the only other option.

You've activated affiliate as well as the directory add-on and don't see anything...I've done a quick test setup in a development site and it seems to be connecting fine in a default setup.
    Can you try deleting and reinstalling Affiliate? I am sorry if it is tedious, or if you've tried it already. Never hurts to double check :slight_smile:

I'll see about asking for help to further troubleshoot the affiliate issue. There is no reason it shouldn't work properly upon a basic initial setup.

Best,

Kimberly

• Kruzen

I think you're missing that this is a multisite installation. It works fine at the top level, not sub levels :slight_smile:

Can you not make assumptions about the credit card processing?

When a user check outs it specifically says Paypal or Credit Card for the one-time fee.

the authorize.net files are still in the plugin as well. (directory/core/athorizenet-gateway.php)

no offense, but can someone more well versed with directory help me out?

• Alok Sharma

Not sure, but can you try this:-

- Disable all the plugins
    - Enable one plugin at a time to see if it helps you

If you find a problem plugin:

- Disable it
    - Delete it so that all the stored data is deleted as well. If not, then you can try cleaning the stored data with a some cleaner plugin.
    - Reinstall the plugin.

Trust me, I have saved lot of time in debugging the issues and most of the times, plugin conflicts are often the root cause.

P.S. Make sure you have the latest backup or you can try all this on a development installation. Just ask your host to clone the existing DB.

• Mason

Hiya Kruzen,

So here's the truth. This plugin is cursed.

Ok, probably not, but we've had a seriously awful run of luck with 4 (four!?) developers on this particular plugin over the past year. You have every right to be frustrated on this plugin - we are as well.

This plugin doesn't currently measure to our own standards and to that end we've brought one of our experienced developers (who recently released the WHMCS plugin) to tackle the Directory plugin and see it done right.

What does that look like? Well, we're keen to get an official release of WHMCS out within the next week (possibly much sooner) and then Arnold will be on this full-time as a top priority. He also has taken on the Classifieds plugin and released a huge update fixing a whole heap of stuff. Check out the changelog here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/classifieds/download

At this point the authorize.NET gateway is not meant to be used with Directory. We were removing it (just for a limited time) in order to focus on getting the rest of the plugin correct. That hasn't happened so we're putting it back on the roadmap and will get it out as soon as we possibly can.

Hopefully, the myriad of releases recently and updates to existing products shows our commitment to getting this right and seeing every plugin here be top notch and every member completely satisfied. That's our goal. If there's something else we can do to assist here, hit me up via email.

We'll get there (soon). Until then I must request your patience on this for just a bit longer. Thanks.

• Kruzen

Thanks Mason. I really do appreciate everything you guys do. When you're on the ball, you're on the ball!

I'm glad to get some admission on your guyses end that this just isn't up to par, usually everything is great, especially when it's finally released, but this just has been one let down after another.

Being completely honest, I don't even use the authorize.net gateway, I just don't know why it's showing up in my checkout options. I'd love to see Stripe integrated as a gateway of choice in future WPMU plugins.

I've killed off my multisite subdomains and will be using the plugin in it's current form for a single site instead, it unfortunately doesn't like that too much (but hey with 786 categories spread over three tiers you're bound to see some slowness, yeah?). I'm lookin at the multi-db plugin to see if I can diversify some IOs on my server and hopefully help wit hthat.

Anyway, thanks for the sincere information regarding the plugin, I'll mark this resolved my self for now. I'll see if I can remove the Authorize.net gateway from the single page myself in the mean time.

Cheers!

• Mason

Thanks Kruzen,

Noted about the Stripe gateway. :slight_smile:

I'm lookin at the multi-db plugin to see if I can diversify some IOs on my server and hopefully help wit hthat.

That's a tricky one. Multi-db won't help directly with the load caused by 768 categories over 3 tiers. Because their custom post types their all kept in the same table so they'd be in the same database even in a multi-db environment.

What's your current server setup?

Thanks for your gracious response. It won't be forgotten. And we will not give up until we see an excellent release of the Directory plugin worthy of WPMU DEV. You can hold me to the fire on that. :slight_smile:

• Kruzen

Thanks for the quick reply Mason :slight_smile:

Currently I have a linode 768 (http://www.linode.com/) for my WP sites. When I was cleaning up some of my bulk imports today my mysql load was about 60% processor usage (when bulk deleting about 300 posts at once that I uploaded to generate the listing categories)

Mysql is only using about 256MB of memory as well. I've been looking into DB optimizers and other such things, but this is the first time i've run into performance issues with wordpress backend. Front end load times are fine. Wp-admin just turns to sludge when handling the categories (I had about 15,000 posts uploaded earlier today that it had fun cleaning out in 300 post increments too).

Do you know of any caching plugins that would help with the back end rather then front end?

HEre's my current DB status (relevant parts)

No.	Tables	Records	Data Usage	Index Usage	Overhead
    116	wp_term_taxonomy	9,368	438.9 KiB	400.0 KiB	200 bytes
    117	wp_terms	9,368	508.4 KiB	476.0 KiB	204 bytes
    118	wp_usermeta	1,036	42.0 KiB	48.0 KiB	0 bytes
  • Mason

Hiya Kruzen,

We have similar struggles on edublogs.org with over a million users/sites and obviously heaps of posts beyond that.

Do you allow post revisions? You can disable this or limit it through the following defines in your wp-config:
    define('WP_POST_REVISIONS', false );

define('WP_POST_REVISIONS', 3);

You can also run through the database and delete old revisions with an SQL statement:

DELETE a,b,c
    FROM wp_posts a
    LEFT JOIN wp_term_relationships b ON (a.ID = b.object_id)
    LEFT JOIN wp_postmeta c ON (a.ID = c.post_id)
    WHERE a.post_type = 'revision'

I realize the solutions above don't directly relate to having a large amount of taxonomies.

Slow performance due to a high amount of post/taxonomies is a known issue they're working to address in WordPress 3.4: http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/18536

• Kruzen

Thanks Again Mason. Good to know about it being worked on. My issue right now is I haven't even populated the site with posts yet other than an initial upload to auto-create the categories. I was extremely underselling the total categories, its actually around 9300..

It's a little frustrating because if the site worked properly in multisite and I could reliably count on the way it integrates with Affiliate, and if it had a way to manage the network wide directory settings instead of per site in a multisite format, I wouldn't have these problems since I could divide each region up as a subsite, but instead I have to load it all into a single site. :disappointed:

Hoping the fixes in 3.4 help :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.