Directory Theme/Plugin is confusing to Visitors

I just had a brand new user visit the site and give me feedback. The signup/register on the home page is EXTREMELY confusing to the visitor.

When they come to visit, if they click on Register, it does not take them directly to registration. It takes them to a screen that lands on Login. It should automatically take them to a screen where they register for a New Account.

If they click on Sign In, they go to the same place as Register. Why even have two buttons to confuse them?

Combined with Ultimate Facebook plugin....

If a new registrant, once they finally figure out how to click on New Account, they fill in their information, hit submit.... and are then taken to the Facebook Login screen, and then asked to sign up by paying.

This is not right at all.

A new user should be able to click on Register and go to New Account to register for FREE.

Those who are leaving comments, rating, etc. do not need to have a paid account.

Register should be for any user. Sign Up should be for a paid directory listing.

Can we make this happen?

• PC

When they come to visit, if they click on Register, it does not take them directly to registration. It takes them to a screen that lands on Login. It should automatically take them to a screen where they register for a New Account.

If they click on Sign In, they go to the same place as Register. Why even have two buttons to confuse them?

You are right here. As per the code the link to register should take to tab2_login but its not doing that.

I have sent a note to @Arnold so that we can get this fixed.

Combined with Ultimate Facebook plugin....

If a new registrant, once they finally figure out how to click on New Account, they fill in their information, hit submit.... and are then taken to the Facebook Login screen, and then asked to sign up by paying.

This is not right at all.

I just tested it and was able to create an account and it did not ask me to pay anything at all. Did you make any changes to the setup ?

Please advise.

Cheers, PC

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.