disable chat widget when not available

how to disable from view when select not available

• David T

Hi @Paul,
    sorry i thought I was typing in the search, didn't realise it was a post. Thanks for getting back to me
    i've just installed the Chat plugin on a site and configured sitewide display in bottom RHS and configured and is working.
    However the widget is always displaying, even when I go to the Chat bar at top of admin dashboard and switch to "not available" or "away".
    How do i set so that when i am away, the widget is still not live for people to chat on?

• Paul

@davidh5,

How do i set so that when i am away, the widget is still not live for people to chat on?

Ah. Well there is a slight disconnect in your assumptions on chat. The widget chat as well as the bottom corner chat as well the in-Page chat are all group chat sessions. Which means they are always there and active.

The user's chat status effects only other users seeing you online via the Friends listing (BuddyPress) or our Friends plugin. So how I mean this is when you make a Friends connection with someone you will be listed in the WP toolbar Chat menu. You will see this as a second item below the chat status. So you will see your friends who are active online.

So you can make yourself available, away, offline etc. But this does not effect the group chats nor your ability to participate in the chats.

I'll give you another example. I may run a popular website and hosting a group chat session from 10-11pm on Friday nights. During that time I set my chat status to not available because I'm busy hosting the group chat and don't want other users trying to initiate private chats with me. But it still lets me participate and moderate the group chat session.

What you are asking about is more customer focused 1 on 1 chats. The current chat solution will probably not handle that as you want. We are working on building out this for that and hope to have it ready for preview soon.

For now you as the moderator can close the chat sessions. It will show the chat is closed to the non-moderator users. This will prevent them from posting new message into the chat session. Also as moderator you can still post messages. So you can have some message stating chat session hours are 2-3pm on Mondays, blah blah blah for example.

Hope this helps.

• phofmann

are working on building out this for that and hope to have it ready for preview soon.

is there any kind of date? as it seems there is NO solution for a 1 to 1 sales customer / support chat in a multisite installation!

i just wanted to suggest to fork this thing: http://codecanyon.net/item/wordpress-live-chat-plugin-for-sales-and-support/3952877

is there a development thread or similar? as this is again a core feature which is critical for my project... even thought on hire a developer for this... regards

• Timothy Bowers

Hey there.

Thanks for posting in this thread, however it might be best if you open your own, even if the issues seem closely related. That way it will remain independent of this one and ensure it doesn't confuse issues here if this thread needs reopening again by the author.

Posting on old threads can also lead to us missing your questions.

It also means the member who started this thread or anyone following it isn't inundated with post notifications each time we respond to each other. A lengthy thread could annoy the original

This also allows us to better track and answer your questions to ensure we don't miss any for ya.

You can start a new thread here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/qanda/

Thanks.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.