Disable coupon

After registering the person is shown the coupon screen. I dont have any coupons and dont want to offer any so I dont want it to appear, but the only option is to close the box with the red ‘x’.

Therefore 2 issues

1. Can I disable the option for the coupon to display;

2. Once a user selects the register button, can they be sent to page to tell them what to do next? Basically they are automatically logged in but I need to be able to provide them with some instructions on festures of the site, etc.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings philw84,

Welcome to WPMU Dev!

Thank you for these great questions and significant items to bring up.

1. Can I disable the option for the coupon to display;

I went through the entire settings of the Membership menu and could not find a way to disable this feature, not that I have ever seen one.

And admit every time I see a coupon code box and do not have a coupon it makes me wonder how much I could be saving if I had the code.

So here is a big +1 for a feature request to be able to totally disable the coupon code.

However, that option code take some time even if we request it in a formal feature request and indeed may never be implemented.

Therefore, folks like us that want to remove it right now need to look at two files.

The first is the /wp-content/plugins/membership/membershipincludes/includes/payment.form.php comment or remove Have a coupon code? text around lines 102 and 188 and also from the same folder different file popover_payment.form.php around lines 127 and 210. That should do the job for you regarding the coupon codes.

2. Once a user selects the register button, can they be sent to page to tell them what to do next?

Yes they can. Logged into the admin dashboard go to Membership –> Options –> Membership Pages tab and you will see the registration completed page screen shot below.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

• philw84
    • Flash Drive

Thanks for this. I’ve edited the popover_payment.form.php file but the other file you reference member.form.php only has around 12 lines of code and no reference ot coupons. I’ve also looked at all the other files in that folder and cant find any that reference the coupon.

Also sorted the redirect out, sometimes you can’t see the wood for the trees!!

Thanks,

Phil

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Phil,

Thank you for pointing out my mistake, it is certainly appreciated.

Sorry for that, I chose the wrong file on this one though I do not know how – my bad.

That line should have read:

/home/aecnuwpm/public_html/wp-content/plugins/membership/membershipincludes/includes/payment.form.php

I will make the correction on the post above so that those members who do not read through to this post are not spinning their wheels trying to figure it out.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for the heads up to my mistake.

Sincerely, Joe

• philw84
    • Flash Drive

Hi Joe,

Done this and the coupon option has dissapeared. However still having trouble. Basically when the ‘register account’ button is selcted after they have completed the form, another pop up appear saying ‘Sign up for free membership. You currently have a subscription for the membership subscription. If you want to sign up to a different subscription then you can do below’.

I dont have any other subscriptions on offer at the moment, but theres no contiue option, all they can do is select the cross to close the box.

All I’m after is for them to be redirected to the page I have set once they select the ‘register account’ button on the register form.

Does this makes sense?

Thanks,

Phil

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Phil,

Thank you for the additional input and detail about what is going on there.

Can you please post the site URL so I can check this out first hand?

Have you setup the registration completed page (screen shot below). Logged into the admin dashboard go to Membership –> Options –> Membership Pages –> Registration Completed Page and make the applicable adjustments there as needed – meaning create the page and make it what you want them to see?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• philw84
    • Flash Drive

Hi Joe,

I’ve uploaded the original 2 files so it is in the same state as first installed. I’ve done that as now I know how to diable that part I can do so, however it might not be the main issue I am having.

When a person registers and selects the ‘register my account’ button, anothe form pops us as per screen shot below.

Removing the coupon code only removes the bottom half of the info, the form still appears but with no options for the user to progress.

I’ve set a page up called ‘new member’ which is the page I want to direct them to once they have registered and it is set correctly in the membershap pages options.

The website is http://www.footballcoachingplans.org

THanks,

Phil

• philw84
    • Flash Drive

Hi Joe,

I did try the normal form but it came up with a ‘header error’ it said there was a conflict with the ‘all in one SEO’ plug in that I use, maybe this is the problem? I don’t think I’ve done anything different than any other user of the plug in so why is the issue not something that everyone experiences?

You will see from the screen shot that there is no option to progress past this screen. If I remove the coupon code element of the scripts as you suggested the same thing happens, ie no option to progress, removing the coupon script just removes the bottom part of Theo’s f

• philw84
    • Flash Drive

Hi Joe,

No nearer, but got some more info!

Disabling the all in one seo plug makes no difference. I’ve tried both standard form and pop up form.

The normal form gives the following code error:

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /home/imgco/public_html/footballcoachingplans.org/wp-content/themes/FootballSite/header.php:1) in /home/imgco/public_html/footballcoachingplans.org/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 680

I thought therefore that it might be theme error so downloaded your scholar theme and the same error occurs.

However, I think this may be a red herring! Whilst I get the errors the ‘apply coupn code’ still apears below this error.

This happens whether I use the normal form or the pop up form.

I dont think it is a plug in conflict error, nor a theme error.

So the simple question I am asking is ‘why, when a person clicks on the register my account button, are they not taken to the redirection page I set up?

I’m currently in test mode and no one knows about the site but unless I can get this resolved I dont see how I ca never go live!

I’m currently using the free payment gateway, cojuld this be an issue?

Very frustrating!

Thanks

Phil

• philw84
    • Flash Drive

something is majorly wrong somewhere.

I’ve just disabled the free payment gateway and made a charge of £1 for membership. once the reigstraion form appears and they click the register my account option, same thing happens as previous, i.e. the coupon code appears but no payment butto options. However they still become logged in to the site!

I have a paypal account and have set it to sandbox mode but am i not right in thinking that they should only become members and get looged in to th site if they pay!

does this help or hinder?

Phil

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Phil,

Thank you for the additional input, it is certainly appreciated.

First the moment you changed the gateway you changed the dynamics of the way the plugin works.

If you ever had an intention of a paying membership site you should have never had the free gateway activated – which is only for completely free membership sites.

Any chance you have not found the manual for the Membership plugin?

Did I understand that you in fact have replaced the files we modified earlier taking out the coupon code?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• philw84
    • Flash Drive

Hi Joe,

I’ve obviously misread something along the way. I think what I will do is re-read the manual and do a completely new unistall/re-install of the whole site and start again.

I’m not to far in the process of setting it up so this sounds like the best option.

I’ll close this ticket and issue new ones if I need further assistance.

Thanks for all your help so far.

Cheers,

Phil

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.