disable domain mapping for all users without supporter plugin?

Is there a way to enable the domain mapping plugin and not have the option available to every member in tools? I would like to manually add the domain if required. I understand if I install the supporters plugin I can do that, but I just have a few sites, is it possible without using that plugin?

Thanks!

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya!

Is there a way to enable the domain mapping plugin and not have the option available to every member in tools?

Since the plugin is meant to be installed in mu-plugins it must be used by WordPress for every blog. The only way I know of to make this conditional is to use something like Supporter to limit who has access.

You could install only the basics required for supporter so that literally the only thing it was handling was domain mapping. Then you could manually enable certain blogs as "supporters". If you're talking about just a few here and there this would be manageable.

Anybody else have some suggestions here?

• fatal
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Thanks guys, appreciate it.. I think just using the supporters may be the easiest solution... still learning.. the second suggestion sounds like a good think to learn too, sounds like it could be useful in a number of situations..

once again, great support!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.