Disable tags or categories: which one to choose?

Managing tags and categories at the same time is a lot of work and might by a little confusing for some users. I would like to enable just categorization or tagging on my service which will be more focused on website creation (i.e. the blog functionality will be secondary).

*First question : Which one to choose for my users? (For example Matt Cutts only uses categories: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A96yDPqa2rs
*Second question : Is there a plugin that could completely disable tags or categories (back-end and front-end)?
*Third question: Do you see any issue for my future service? In other words do you think that it’s a really bad idea?

Thank you for your feedbacks!

• drmike
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

I;d just leave them. If users don;t want to use them, they won't. I don;t think I would turn them off though as someone's going to use them and/or question where they went.

If no one else gets the chance, I'll look for a plugin though when I get on a decent network. You'll probably wind up having to edit the themes though on the front end. At the very least.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.