Disable Ultimate Facebook from Pages only

It would be great to disable UFB from pages, yet leave it for posts. Or, even better, create an option on pages/posts to "Disable Comments for this page/post" all together.

Some pages are just not meant to be commented on, while others are.

For instance, I don't think I need a comment box at the bottom of a CoursePress student profile page. Or after an invoice page. Looks out of place and unprofessional.

Great plugin other than that.

My .02

• Tyler Postle

Hey Mojpoj,

Hope you're doing well today and thanks for your feedback!

You can actually use the built in WP comment settings to control this. When on your edit page screen in the dashboard go to: "Screen options" in the top right corner, then make sure "Discussion" is selected.

Now you will see a new widget below the edit page contact box where you can "allow comments" - make sure that is unchecked. That should remove the comments from only that one page :slight_smile:

Let me know if that does the trick for you! If you need any further assistance just let us know.

All the best,
    Tyler

PS. I think controlling the comments per post type through the plugin would be a cool idea! I'll move this to the feature requests.

• Tyler Postle

Hey Mojpoj,

Thanks for the reply. Ah, bummer - depending on the theme it sometimes might not work as UF comments might be outside the default comments container.

In that case, we could just use some CSS to hide the comments :slight_smile: Like this:

.post-id-25 .wdfb-fb_comments {
      display: none;
    }

Replace "25" with the id of the page you want to hide it on. I'm not sure how familiar with CSS you are but you can also add new pages in there by using comma separation:

.post-id-25 .wdfb-fb_comments, .post-id-26 .wdfb-fb_comments, .post-id-27 .wdfb-fb_comments  {
      display: none;
    }

You can add that to your child theme CSS or if you don't have a custom CSS sheet you can just use this plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/simple-custom-css/

I know it's bit of a workaround, but I've moved this to a feature request so hopefully eventually we will have a way to do it per post type :slight_smile:

Any further questions just let us know!

Cheers,
    Tyler

• MojPoj

Tyler,

I changed themes and the "discussion->disable" process worked fine. So it's definitely not the plugin. But, the built in plugin feature would be nice for themes that don't fully comply with WP spec.

I am very familiar with CSS and that seems like a pretty simple trick. Not nearly as elegant though. And 6 months from now, I'll have to find this thread to remember how I did it. ~sigh~

I'll dig into the php files and fix the them, so the page settings can hide the comments. When I figure it out, I'll post back here so others can have the solution too.

Thanks again,

Mojpoj

• Tyler Postle

Hey Mojpoj,

Thanks for offering to post back the solution! Others will definitely appreciate it, I'll pass you some points then too for your efforts.

I agree, a built in method for hiding it would definitely be useful - perhaps not just per post type but on individual posts/pages as well. I will mention that to the developer. Hopefully some others will show their support for the feature too.

Thanks for the suggestions Mojpoj; if you have any further questions just let us know.

Hope you have a good rest of your weekend.

Cheers,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.