Disable WPMU Dashboard installation alert in my WordPress login

Hi there,

Ever since I installed the Q&A plugin, I’m seeing this annoying alert box in my WordPress dashboard (pasted below). How do I disable it? I get it that you guys want to encourage people to install the dashboard, but this is plain intrusive especially when I am using a paid plugin from you anyway.

Easily get updates, support, and one-click WPMU DEV plugin/theme installations right from in your dashboard – install the free WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin. (find out more)

Thanks for your support,

Sonal

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there Sonal (@sonalpan)

You can get rid of that dashboard notice by either removing or commenting out this code in the plugin file

include_once( $this->plugin_dir . 'dash-notice/wpmudev-dash-notification.php' );

If you did want to install the WPMU DEV dashboard found here https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/wpmu-dev-dashboard/

There is a option to hide notices, and you’ll also get one click updates :slight_smile:

Thanks for being a WPMU DEV member!

Kind Regards

Jack (Coding-Monkey).

• sonalpan
    • Flash Drive

Hi Jack,

Which file would this code be in? I can’t find it in qa.php. All I see is a function called install_notice in qa.php.

I had installed the dashboard earlier, but I had to uninstall it (I don’t remember why though). I don’t want to have to install the dashboard simply to be able to disable this alert.

I wish you could provide a way to close the alert right in the dashboard instead of asking customers to go and edit this in the code themselves.

Love the Q&A plugin, great work!

Sonal

• Alexander
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hello @sonalpan and @coding-monkey,

The easiest way to do this for the Q&A plugin would be to scroll to the bottom of qa.php and comment out this line:

new WPMUDEV_Dashboard_Notice();

To “comment out” something in php code, place to slashes that the beginning of the line like this:

//new WPMUDEV_Dashboard_Notice();

Hope this helps!

Best regards,

• Alexander
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

You’re welcome! We’ve included it this way, because without the WPMU DEV dashboard plugin, there’s no way for you to know when an update comes out. You could end up several versions behind, and over time you could eventually be using a version that might not play well with the latest version of WordPress. That’s why we stress the WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin to keep things up to date. It saves so much time and ensures you always have the latest fixes and features.

• Akzmedesigns
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I think it’s pretty bad not having an option with in the plugin, I have clients working on these sites and I don’t want them to be faced with a huge alert every time the log on. I’m really disappointed that the only way to change this is in the code which means with every update you have to remember to modify the code.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.