Disable WPMU development dashboard plugin prompt

I want to disable the prompt to install/activate the WPMU development dashboard. I don't mind if the plugin is installed, but when I activate it it's huge and in the way.

• 3SixtyEvolve
    • New Recruit

Hi @StreetofWalls (nice nickname!)

Thank you for your post and for being part of our Community!

You can try to resolve this as per the Usage page of the WPMU DEV Dashboard:

1. When a user enters an api key it will begin to limit the entire plugin view to just that username.

2. If you upgrade from an older version and already have an api key set, visiting the Manage page or saving it will limit to that user.

3. If you get locked out or need to enable a different user, or want to enable mulitiple users, you can put this in their wp-congif.php file: define("WPMUDEV_LIMIT_TO_USER", "1"); for one user or define("WPMUDEV_LIMIT_TO_USER", "1, 10"); etc for multiple. Those are userids.

4. The user limits hide almost everything from non allowed users: menu item, the admin pages, notifications, widgets. It WILL STILL however show the updates in the normal updates counter, as well as the yellow boxes on the plugins.php and themes.php pages. And on the update-core.php page it will still show the updates there, of course you will not be able to autoupdate them though. If a user is being super anal about those, you can further add the define('WPMUDEV_HIDE_BRANDING', true); and that will hide the minor branding on those pages completely.

5. It is easy for a user to see who is allowed to view the dashboard plugin by reading the notice on the top right of the Manage page. There are also those define instructions in the tooltip there.

This will hopefully assist you in getting the WPMU DEV Dashboard hidden.

If you need anything else, please don't hesitate to be in touch.

Have a good day!

Gina

• StreetofWalls
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Huh. I didn't find a "usage" page, but I did notice it telling me that I'm the only user with access to the development dashboard. If that's true everything is fine. I guess it makes its self visible to whichever admin user activates it. Is that right?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.