Disabled WYSIWYG editor in Settings - but can't get is back again

Hi there,

If ok - I actually have 2 questions regarding Q&A :slight_smile:

1.) I disabled the WP Editor in the settings and that worked fine.. Now I would like to set it back to using the rich editor. I've tried unchecking the box and then saving but on the front end it will only show the text input editor..

Can you help me get the WP Editor back?

2.) I've had feedback from someone helping me to test the site - to say that the box to input text is very difficult to see. Do you have a suggestion on what kind of css I should input to make this stand out a little more?

Many thanks

ps - 2nd question is more design based so no problems if you don't have time to answer that..

ciao

• Timothy Bowers

Hey there.

1.) I disabled the WP Editor in the settings and that worked fine.. Now I would like to set it back to using the rich editor. I've tried unchecking the box and then saving but on the front end it will only show the text input editor..

Can you help me get the WP Editor back?

Could this be a cache issue?

Try clearing your browsers cache and disable any plugins which manage cache.

Any other plugins possibly affecting this? Disable them all and test again to be sure, the same for the theme as well, test in the default Twenty Eleven theme.

This will let us know of any other code either altering or conflicting somehow.

2.) I've had feedback from someone helping me to test the site - to say that the box to input text is very difficult to see. Do you have a suggestion on what kind of css I should input to make this stand out a little more?

ps - 2nd question is more design based so no problems if you don't have time to answer that..

I have time for you :slight_smile:

But I do need to see the box in question so I can see the code and CSS to better advise. Even if this is a plugin thing because themes can alter that with its own CSS.

If you can provide a direct link to where you mean.

If it requires logging in then also provide some dummy credentials which have no admin access for security reasons. If you would rather mail these then please do so here (if you can post to the forums, it should make this quicker):

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Include:

- Link to this thread
    - Mark it to my attention
    - include all relevant details as asked for above.

Thanks.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.