Disabling lightbox in Activity+

I'm getting ready to deploy a new theme on my live site, it has its own lightbox support and it is conflicting with activity+.

It's not really a conflict because they are both working great, but when I click an image in the activity stream, I get both modals layered on the screen. I want to use the theme's lightbox system to keep it consistent throughout the site.

How do I safely disable/remove the activity+ lightbox without breaking everything?

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi Saunt,

Hmm, I imagine one way would be to remove class="thickbox" from line 15 of:
    buddypress-activity-plus\lib\forms\images_tag_template.php

If you're using thickbox though, that may not suffice. I'll have to ask the developer how that would best be done though.

-David

• Vladislav
    • Dead Eye Dev

Hi,

Just a quick note regarding this subject, for forward compatibility. I agree that Thickbox that ships with WP is a bit aged, and so I figure we need a way to address cases such as this in a future-proof kind of way, so you don't have to remember to apply the same change to your plugin files every time you update it.

In the latest release (v1.3.1, just released), we added a wp-config.php switch for disabling thickbox for your images. To use that instead of changing your plugin files, you may want to add something like this to your wp-config.php:

define('BPFB_USE_THICKBOX', false);

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.