disappearing images

I've been running a WP site for a year or so, using the Hybrid News theme. I've got it set to the static front page. When I make a post, I type it up, add an image, and when I make it sticky, it goes into the slider.

With this new media uploader, this seems not to work. I make my post, insert the image as before (and man, this seems a lot slower than before). Preview, the post looks ok, but when I publish, the image disappears, unless I click to expand the post to full size. It's not a plug in conflict, I checked.

Obviously I am doing something wrong with the new media uploader. FWIW, I was testing with old images that are already in the media library. Is this one of those things where I have to regenerate my thumbnails? Any advice would be appreciated.

• ThePath

Hi Matt,

When you say you add an image to the post? Do you mean you add one to the main post area or to the featured image widget?

Im not familiar with this theme but it sounds like it could be pulling the first image from a post and then displays it in the homepage slider, that sound right? If so it could be a compatibility issue, there has obviously been a lot of changes in this department recently.

A better way for themes to take images and display them is by using the featured images assigned to posts.

Let us know what theme author is saying.

• aecnu

Greetings matt_hussmann,

We have not heard back from you as to the status of this issue.

If you are still having an issue please let us know so that we may try to get you fixed up as soon as possible by choosing to check mark this ticket as unresolved below and posting any new errors or symptoms you are noticing.

This action will also bring your ticket up front back in plain view again within the ticket system.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

• Matt Hussmann

Sorry, there is something wrong with my WPMU membership--I've paid, but the system doesn't know that I have, so I don't see what I'm supposed to.

Anyway, I DID contact the theme provider, and yes, it is fixed. But IMO the fix is worse than the old system. The way my WP site works now, I have to insert a picture twice--Look up the image, set it as a featured post, then I have to go back to the post, look up the image again, and insert it into the post.

Frankly, I liked the old way better, unless I'm doing it wrong.

• aecnu

Greetings matt_hussmann,

Thank you for letting us know and sorry to see that the coder of the theme in question has indeed made it harder to work with while making it WordPress 3.5 compatible.

I do not know what we can do at this point unless you are interested in hiring a coder like tweaky.com or you could see if there's a developer available at wpmu jobs who could get onto it right this minute.

If it were indeed our own theme I would have a developer to assign to it right now but obviously that is not the case.

Please advise as to how you intend to proceed.

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.