Discounted Order Not Being Marked as Paid

I have a course set up. I created a coupon that allows the course to be discounted at 100% and taken for free. When I sign up with that code, it works perfectly. I have automatic access to the course. I created another coupon to allow me to pay $1.00 to take the course. When I pay the $1.00, the payment goes trough (stripe) and the order shows up under Store > Orders. The order is set as received, but won't automatically switch to paid (which it should be, since the $1.00 was paid in full after using the discount code) so the user can't take the course. How can I make it automatically register the person for the course once they pay? Thank you!

• Rupok

Hi Lindsay

Hope you had a wonderful day.

I could regenerate the issue that user is not automatically enrolled into the course after they have paid with coupon but in my test site, order status is automatically set to "Paid". So it's a confirmed bug. I'm reporting it to our developer now.

Please keep in mind, our developers work round the clock and they have to deal with lots of critical issues and other things. So it may take a little while for them to work on this and release a fix.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Lindsay

Thank you. A question: is this something that all users experience, or just some? I'm somewhat surprised that others haven't reported this yet if it's very common.

Do all Coursepress users have to manually mark orders as paid in order to grant users course access?

I can see why this is an issue. If I select physical/tangible product, the system will wait for me to manually mark paid and shipped. Makes sense on some level (other than it should probably automatically be marked as paid as well). For the digital download or external / affiliate link, it appears to automatically mark as shipped, so it bypasses the "paid" option entirely.

It seems that with a coursepress course, it has to be marked as paid in order for the user to have access to the course.

Hopefully it's not too huge of a bug for the developers to resolve. Thank you for your response.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.