Discounting add-on sites if they have one

So say someone has a Gold level site for $10/mo, they can signup a 2nd or 3rd site for $1/each at the same level. Are there any pointers that I could pass on to my developers, on how to accomplish that?

• Lindeni Mahlalela

Hello us-Sunnah

I hope you are doing great today. Thank you so much for contacting us regarding your needs. I have looked into this and tried to find a way to achieve this.

I have looked into the code for any hooks and filters we can use to apply a discount based on the conditions you set. Unfortunately, there is currently no way to handle such custom discounts on Pro Sites, even the coupons feature does not have anything useful besides providing discounts based on coupons.

Unfortunately, this kind of feature requires custom development as it requires to modify a few core files in addition to writing the required logic to achieve this. To make things easier for you I have created the following workaround you can use for this need.

You can download and unzip/extract the attached zip file then upload the contained .php file to your mu-plugins folder in wp-content/mu-plugins/discount-pro-users.php

You will have to change a few lines in the code:

prodiscount appears two times, it is the name/coupon code. You can use this as it is.

$this->level = 3 3 is the level to which all these apply to, you can change this to the id of the level you want to discount.

Once you have uploaded this, you can go to Pro Sites > Coupons and create a new coupon for the level you want to discount as follows:

If the price is $10 and you want them to pay $1 then you specify the discount to be a $9 and then choose the level.

The code should work as it is but you may edit and customize to your liking. I hope this helps but please let us know if you have any further questions and we will always be ready to help.

Have a nice day.
    Mahlamusa

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.