Discussion is not showing

The comment section in the Discussion and "Start New Discussion" button are missing.

• Dimitris

Hello Menno

Would you please go to
    /wp-content/plugins/coursepress/2.0/include/coursepress/template/class-communication.php
    line no 182 and replace
    comments_template();
    with

$comments = get_comments(array(
                                    'post_id' => $discussion->ID,
                                    'number' => '2' ));

foreach( $comments as $comment )
                            {
                                    ?>
                                    <article id="comment-<?php $comment->ID ?>" class="comment-body clearfix">
                                            <div class="comment_avatar">
                                                    <?php echo get_avatar( $comment->comment_author_email ); ?>
                                            </div>

<div class="comment_postinfo">
                                                    <span class="fn"><a href="https://wordpress.org/" rel="external nofollow" class="url"><?php echo $comment->comment_author; ?></a></span> <span class="comment_date">on <?php echo date_i18n( get_option( 'date_format' ), strtotime( $comment->comment_date ) ); ?> <?php echo date_i18n( get_option( 'time_format' ), strtotime( $comment->comment_date ) ); ?></span>
                                            </div> <!-- .comment_postinfo -->

<div class="comment_area">
                                                    <div class="comment-content clearfix">
                                                            <?php echo $comment->comment_content ?>
                                                    </div> <!-- end comment_area-->
                                            </div>
                                    </article>
                                    <?php
                            }

comment_form( array('label_submit' => esc_attr__( 'Post Comment', 'Divi' ), 'title_reply' => '<span>' . esc_attr__( 'Submit a Comment', 'Divi' ) . '</span>', 'title_reply_to' => esc_attr__( 'Leave a Reply to %s', 'Divi' ), 'class_submit' => 'submit et_pb_button' ) );

Reference: https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/comment-section-in-discussion-part-of-coursepress-not-working

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

PS. I checked SFTP credentials you shared during chat, but I could only find a WP installation into /wordpress/current/ directory that has no CoursePress plugin installed. Please don't share any credentials here, as forums are public. We'll let you know, if you need that, so you can safely share them. :slight_smile:

• Dimitris

Hello there Menno,

hope you're doing good today! :slight_smile:

I just made some further checks in your end and also tried to replicate in a mapped site of mine.

First, about the empty /courses/ page. This is happening because the End date (Step 4 – Course Dates) of course is set to "2018-05-10". You should select a date in the future or enable the "This course has no end date" option and main courses page will list all active courses.

About the other reported pages that remain empty:
    /courses/leadsite/notifications
    /courses/leadsite/discussion
    /courses/leadsite/workbook
    /courses/leadsite/grade

I wasn't able to locate any misconfiguration, I also inspected the active theme and couldn't find anything that should mess with this.
    I also exported your course and imported it in a the mapped domain of a multisite of mine, using Divi theme as well, and they all work good.

Having said that, it seems that this is some kind of conflict with the network activated plugins. As deactivating these temporarily to check if they cause this indeed, will also break all other sites, I'd rather advise to create a staging environment of this multisite (no need to use map any actual domains in Domain Mapping) into another location/folder in the same server, using a separate database. In there, you should perform a full conflict test, meaning:
    - deactivate all plugins apart from CoursePress and WPMUDEV Dashboard from both network and subsite that you test CoursePress
    - activate a default theme like TwentySeventeen in testing subsite
    - deactivate any caches coming from server-side or any other 3rd party service like Cloudflare
    - check above pages
    - if this is resolved, activate back the remaining plugins/theme/services, one by one this time, checking each time the broken pages, until you recreate them
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Support-Process-Support-Process.gif

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

PS. After having another look, in seems that you use multiple caching, so better start the conflict test by deactivating all caches completely (you may also do that in the live installation).