Discussion tab does not work

Hi WPMUdev team!

I'm just testing around with the Wiki plugin and somehow the "discussion" tab is not working in my installation. Haven't changed anythg., just activated the plugin and now playing with it. The discussion tab, however, remains empty. What is wrong?

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya @fstahmer,

First off, welcome aboard!

The discussions tab uses the WordPress comments function to work so I would firstly check to make sure comments are enabled in Settings>Discussion and then also on the Wiki post.

Tip: if you don't see discussion settings in the wiki post, go to the "screen options" tab at the top right-hand side of the page and click this. Make sure "Discussion" is checked.

If neither of the above helps, perhaps we could get a link to the site and take a look at this more closely.

Thanks!

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings fstahmer,

Welcome to WPMU DEV!

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention and you have not given us much to go on but I have a pretty good idea what is going on there, you do not have the comments enabled.

You must have the comments enabled in the admin dashboard --> Settings --> Discussion --> Check Mark Allow people to post comments on new articles

In addition, anything you have already created you need to go into the post and check mark the comments there as well screen shot below.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings fstahmer,

Thank you for providing the URL to your site and indeed I paid it a visit.

It appears to be working OK to me and the discussion tab is indeed showing as shown in my screen shot below and indeed I am on that specific tab.

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.