Discussions with CoursePress Pro

I'm a bit confused. When I try to insert a discussion in a CoursePress Pro unit, at the moment I enter a discussion I get the message that no post types are found... it does not show the introduction for the discussion, nor a possibility to enter anything to the discussion.

Did I miss some setup step somewhere?

• Wilko
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Ok, testing it again I saw I was wrong, it is not related to the discussion but for some reason it breaks when it tries to load the course completion. I did fill out the completion for entirely however...

So still the question what setup step did I miss :wink:

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Wilko,

Thanks for granting access, I have checked your site but I'm afraid that I'm not sure what the issue is here.

I tested both of your courses and the default one finishes properly without any issues.
    I did notice some issue with your course but that's because you have a unit without any elements inside it.
    You need to have at least one element in each course as that's what plugin uses to calculate course completion and empty unit will cause issues with this.

If this is the issue you are referring to then you should be good to go after adding elements in your units.
    If you're referring to something else please let me know what I missed and I'll have another look at this.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Wilko

Well, when I do the same as an admin I do get the error. It occurred to me, maybe that this error only shows up for 'non students', since I have the instructor role for that course, not the student one.

Brings me to another issue... Trying to create a student, I discovered I can't find any enroll button or link... Where to enroll as a student?

I also tried as an instructor to invite the student, but the invitation only sends a link to the page without any invitation options.

• Wilko

Well, I got how to enroll, the default course was 'Manual' only. Yes, for students it works fine, for instructors however not. They get the error message at the end.

What I still could not find in the Dashboard is how to add students as an instructor.

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Wilko,

In order for Instructor to be able to add students to a course you need to assign him to that course.
    Basically, instructor of Course1 can't add students to Course2.

Yes, for students it works fine, for instructors however not. They get the error message at the end.

I just finished default course with your admin account and I didn't see any error message.
    Could you attach a screenshot of what you're getting so perhaps that will help me better understand what's going on here?

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Wilko

Yes, it is weird, I do not get the error message either anymore.

Still one question remains, since I can't add students in the Dashboard, or at least, I would not know where to do so. I looked under the students tab, but could not see it there.

I am the instructor to the training.

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Wilko,

Perhaps it was a caching issue that caused that for you but if it does happen again please let us know and grab a screenshot of the issue and we'll get back to it.

As for the students, you can access student section of course in two ways, first one is to go to Courses page and hover on your course and then click on Students link, or you can access the course itself in backend and switch to Student tab, both will open same page.
    In there you will see input field and Add Student button next to it.
    In that input field enter 3 or more characters and it will filter out your users, select the one you want to add as student, click on Add Student button and that should be it.

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.