display 1 theme - and market plugins as upgrades except for the themes default plugins

id like to install a theme ''Betheme'' then configure the backend so that my logo, and copyright shown instead of the developer i bought it from. 1.pretty much so that everytime i install or add a site its default with the themes complete plugins so that all i have to do is select install demo content and done! move the next demo until ive installed all 100 . 2 ive set up the pretty plugins part but its not covering the new installations flavicon, logo or copyright at the bottom of the site it just adds my copyright to the demo info. 3. im having trouble with the memberships plugin because its private they have to login before selecting a membership but cant register. i just want them to be able to sign up be able to pick a membership and boom.. then i can customize a site from the demo for them. when i try to
Create New Blog Template

Whoops! The blog ID you posted is incorrect. Please go back and try again. (Generated by New Blog Templates)

im using the correct url to the blog i want.. no luck

I’m trying to put the classifieds and jobs/experts plugin on one page

• Michelle Shull

Hello, Doctor!

In the future, can you please break your support questions up into their own threads? I see we're covering several different issues and plugins here. It's easier for us to help you when topics are separate.

ive set up the pretty plugins part but its not covering the new installations flavicon, logo or copyright at the bottom of the site it just adds my copyright to the demo info.

Your simplest option here will be to create a child theme of your current theme. This way you can copy the footer.php (for copyright notice) and header (for your logo and favicon) files from the parent theme folder to the child theme folder and add your own info to it, replacing the default. This won't be overwritten when the parent theme updates. Make sure the child theme, not the parent theme, is active on your template site, so all your edits will apply to the new sites created with that template.

Here's how to make a child theme out of any theme: https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/how-to-create-wordpress-child-theme/

im having trouble with the memberships plugin because its private they have to login before selecting a membership but cant register. i just want them to be able to sign up be able to pick a membership and boom.. then i can customize a site from the demo for them.

Do you have registration disabled? If members aren't allowed to register, they won't be able to sign up for your site. If you'd like them to login before they can see your membership options, you can create a default membership level in Membership 2, which will be a catchall for all registered users who are not assigned to any other membership level. You can restrict what those users see, just like any other membership level.

You mention you'd like to customize the site for the member before they get the site, but you'd also like that to be instant. Can you define how you'd like that to work?

when i try to
    Create New Blog Template

Whoops! The blog ID you posted is incorrect. Please go back and try again. (Generated by New Blog Templates)

im using the correct url to the blog i want.. no luck

Here you need to enter the ID number for the site you want to use. To find this, go to the sites page in your Network Admin, and hover over the edit link under the site you'd like to make a template from. (Remember: This CAN NOT be your primary site. Create a new subsite to use as a template.) A URL will appear in the bottom of your browser window, and the ID number of the site will show there.

I’m trying to put the classifieds and jobs/experts plugin on one page

You can do this with the shortcodes listed in the settings for each plugin. Place the shortcodes you want to use on a new page. It will take some adjusting to get it just how you'd like, but you should be able to create a custom page by combining both sets of shortcodes here.

Shortcodes are like shortcuts in your content that trigger a tiny piece of code, called a function, to run. In the case of these shortcodes, the functions that are called will load the proper piece of Classifieds or Jobs & Experts content.

Hope this helps!

• Doctor

thanks michelle, thanks twedros,
    in regards to the child theme, ive already installed that and set it as a blog template but the branding plugin isent catching or reflecting the changes. because i still see the original content after i install the demo content on top of the template, their original logo, copyright footer and flavicon i changed in the settings you can see here http://awesomescreenshot.com/0e3501ou01
    http://awesomescreenshot.com/0e3501ou01 even afterwards i go on the branding too and reset then replace it with the flavicon, i have to manually do it within the theme i was trying to avoid that step with use of the plugin.. and just use the reset button but no luck

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Doctor, Michael here! :slight_smile:

I'd like to have a deeper look into what's going on inside your site, could you please send in the following via our secure contact form:

- Mark to my attention, the subject line should contain only: ATTN: Michael Bissett
    - Do not include anything else in the subject line, doing so may delay our response due to how email filtering works.
    - Link back to this thread
    - Include WordPress network admin access details (login address, username & password)
    - Include FTP log-in details (hostname, username & password)
    - Include any relevant URLs for your site

On the contact form (linked to below), please select "I have a different question", this ensures it comes through and gets assigned to me.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Thanks a bunch! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Doctor,

After looking into this further, I'm running into some mixed results here. :disappointed:

When I first tried importing the demo data (starting out with the "Default Layout" data, which I found to time out after running for a while), I saw what you had mentioned, in that the header logo image was broken, and that it was pointing to here:

http://mysite.co/wpmudevmichaeltest/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/adagency.png

(I changed the domain for the site here, to keep it private for the post)

On further attempts at importing the demo content on other test sites I created though, I wasn't able to reproduce this particular behavior. I did notice that on pages like this one:

http://mysite.co/wpmudevmichaeltest4/showcase/

That the icons were broken, no matter whether I had used a template, or not.

I've tried to reproduce what I did earlier, that got the header logo image to be a broken image, but it seems to be importing the demo logo now, not sure if you had changed anything on the site in the meantime?

Could you check to see if there was a particular order in which you imported the demo content that caused the broken logo issue?

On a side note, in the latter part of my testing, I did see that the favicon & the header logo got changed with the importing of the theme content, but that's really a matter of the demo importer (instead of New Blog Templates), seeing as you're importing the demo content after the new subsite has been created (using the blog template).

If you'd rather have the demo content as part of the blog template, I would advise importing it into your template site first, and then changing the logo & favicon from there.

As for this part of your email:

the demos i install was hoping to have admin credentials since i created them under super admin but it still has 9 more days left in trial. how do i make it so that all the demos i make have no limitations at all.. uploads or plugin usage?

You'd want to manually grant a permanent Pro Site status to each of your demo sites, by going to:

Sites -> All Sites

And clicking on the "Manage »" link for the site in the "Pro Site" column. You'll then want to refer to the screenshot I've attached here for the granting of the status. :slight_smile:

Hope this helps!

Kind Regards,
    Michael

• Doctor

well as i see in the first two links you sent me 404 Not Found

well as i see in the first two links you sent me 404 Not Found

nginx,, ive never had that issue with adding a site. that part never timed out on me nor have i changed anything since i gave you access to avoid confusion. .. well when i add a site there is an option to select ''FREETHEME'' which is the new theme i created by default so that when it loads a new site . it automatically loads with the betheme template. which does have my logo and flavicon. now second step is where the problem occurs. once the theme template automatically loads working. to select >appearance>be theme demo data to install one by one on different sites within the multisite 1/100 demos that I’m trying re implicate. thats part is by default going to replace the default Followeuphoria logo and flavicon with the logo and flavicon from the’’Betheme Demo Data’’ and i understand that but there is an option in the ultimate branding plugin that says reset which is supposed to reset it to the default i made.. but doesn’t work..

back to the page images however the IMAGES from the demo are supposed to appear fine as if i was installing on a single installation. but they don’t because the plugin adds after installing demo content there is some issue with >>(wp-content/uploads/sites) not being in the url and the theme is looking for it. so the images from my theme demos dont pull up. even if i reserve the permalink settings to name.. still nothing

http://www.followeuphoria.co/transfer/files/2015/06/home_transfer_icon_1.png works after changed
    without the (wp-content/uploads/sites) in the link

or

http://www.followeuphoria.co/transfer/wp-content/uploads/sites/11/2015/06/home_transfer_about.jpg not.working
    manually changed to what i see in the media tab which is a different url i don’t know why its not reflecting properly nor why its creating a totally different file path

at this point the only issue i want to resolve is the broken images and buttons that wont install when i click install betheme demo data.. i do it on the regular without the ultimate branding, prosites and any other wpmudev plugins and it all loads fine i just tried. this is the same repitition i do every time.. what needs to happen that i dont know how is.. the permalinks are adding characters in the url that dont need to be there. even going to >settings>permalinks and resaving isent fixing it.. if you try installing the theme on a single installation theres no issue. i asked the developer if the the theme is compatible with multisites and they said yes. so i just need a way to fix the permalinks to make the ultimate branding plugin/prosites to work with out adding new charachter because the demo data is set to install like this... http://www.followeuphoria.co/baker/files/2014/11/home_bakery_product2.png
    not this.. http://www.followeuphoria.co/baker/wp-content/uploads/sites/23/2014/11/home_bakery_product2.png
    heres a screenshot example http://awesomescreenshot.com/0ed50zti9d

last I’m now having issues importing the revolution slider a couple days ago it went thru smooth

• Doctor

@Michael the main issue that im trying to fix is the images from the demo.. i can manually fix the logos and flavicons for now but meanwhile id like to atleast have the demo content with out the permalinks getting longer than whats default in the demo content for the theme im using as a template. when i use the theme on a single installation it loads everything up perfictly.. but once i use multisites, with the prosites and ultimate branding it adds (wp-content/uploads/sites) to half of the images which dont need to be there which forces me to manually replace the the images one by one. which defeats the need to use prosites, ultimate branding to manage my multisite .. i just want all my demo content to load up so i can finish adding all the other demos so i can move on to the next issue which i cant do until i get past this. i wanna start using the domain mapping plugin and multi domains. but i need to get this right and ive been stuck without a solution since last month

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Doctor,

Since you mentioned the main issue here was the images from the demo import, let's tackle that issue here. :slight_smile:

This part of your reply offers a very important clue (most specifically the part I've italicized):

id like to atleast have the demo content with out the permalinks getting longer than whats default in the demo content for the theme im using as a template. when i use the theme on a single installation it loads everything up perfictly.. but once i use multisites, with the prosites and ultimate branding it adds (wp-content/uploads/sites) to half of the images which dont need to be there which forces me to manually replace the the images one by one.

This means that this is an issue that only occurs when the importer's being used on a Multisite install. In troubleshooting this further, and bearing in mind that inserted path that you mentioned (wp-content/uploads/sites), I found a function inside the importer that was designed for Multisite:

function migrate_cb_ms( $field ){
    		if ( is_multisite() ){
    			global $current_blog;
    			if( $current_blog->blog_id > 1 ){
    				$old_url 	= '/wp-content/uploads/';
    				$new_url 	= '/wp-content/uploads/sites/'. $current_blog->blog_id .'/';
    				$field 		= str_replace( $old_url, $new_url, $field );
    			}
    		}
    		return $field;
    	}

This function can be found on lines 159-169 of:

/wp-content/themes/betheme/functions/importer/import.php

Once you've backed that file up (for what we're going to do here), what I would want to do (if I were you) would be to try deleting the "if" statement for Multisite, on lines 160-167:

if ( is_multisite() ){
    			global $current_blog;
    			}
    		}

So that the function looks like this:

return $field;
    	}

And then try doing another test of importing the demo content on a test site (as you seem to have more "luck" in reproducing this issue, than I have).

From what I can tell, that function's not taking into account the URL structure for your file uploads, and as a result, it's causing the file URL mess that you've been running into.

Let me know if this helps please! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

• Doctor

thanks for getting back at me. so let me get this clear before i attempt this on my own because im not an expert at this stuff . replace 8 lines by high lighting this:

if ( is_multisite() ){
    global $current_blog;
    $old_url = '/wp-content/uploads/';
    $new_url = '/wp-content/uploads/sites/'. $current_blog->blog_id .'/';
    $field = str_replace( $old_url, $new_url, $field );
    }
    }

then while its highlighted copy then press paste to replace the above lines with these 3 lines:

return $field;
    }

or just look at the first 8 lines and simply remove all the words ''if'' then save?

last question when i go to update the theme as new update comes and i use the plugin (easy theme updater) will that erase all the changes ive made.. or is this only effecting the child theme? and do i have to do this every time i update the theme?

• Michelle Shull

Hi Doctor!

The lines starting with function migrate_cb_ms should be currently in your file, wrapping the lines Mike asked you to delete, if I'm understanding him correctly. Do you already see them in the file?

As to overwriting, if you're adding these changes to files in your child theme, you're totally fine. When the parent theme updates, only the parent theme directory will be affected. Your child theme files overwrite the parent theme files, so your changes will stick for as long as you have the child theme installed.

Hope this helps!

• Doctor

thanks @Michelle Shull i kinda see where your comming from but not all the way clear
    he said try deleting the "if" statement for Multisite, on lines 160-167:

do is that only deleting the word ''if'' or all the 8 lines replacing

if ( is_multisite() ){
    global $current_blog;
    $old_url = '/wp-content/uploads/';
    $new_url = '/wp-content/uploads/sites/'. $current_blog->blog_id .'/';
    $field = str_replace( $old_url, $new_url, $field );
    }
    }

then while its highlighted copy then press paste to replace the above lines with these 3 lines:

return $field;
    }

or just look at the first 8 lines and simply remove all the words ''if'' then save?

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Doctor, Michael here!

Upon further investigation, I've had to take a different route. Remember that function I mentioned earlier?

if ( is_multisite() ){
    			global $current_blog;
    			}
    		}
    		return $field;
    	}

Instead of deleting the "if" statement (which meant the 8 lines I quoted), I had to change it to this:

if ( is_multisite() ){
    			global $current_blog;
    				$new_url 	= '/files/';
    			}
    		}
    		return $field;
    	}

I'm still seeing three images that aren't being copied over though when I try doing a demo import, that being the logo (both versions of it), as well as a background image.

After a lot of digging, elbow grease, and tinkering... at the end of the road, I think this is something you're going to want to bring up to the makers of the theme, as it's a matter of the importer having a hiccup with your upload folder URL, rather than something with New Blog Templates.

I should also note: the changes that I made would be lost on an update, as I'm modifying the parent theme for this one. Since their importer is located in there, and due to the way it's called, I had to tweak it there.

Kind Regards,
    Michael

• Doctor

THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU!!! @Michael Bissett & @Michelle Shull it worked perfectly.. now when i import the demo content the file structure fits. will this code work for my other 3 themes? or must there be a re implication of what you just did.. my biggest thing is they come out with new demos and updates for the theme every 3 months. how do i replace/update the theme? can i use easy theme updater plugin then replace the 8 lines and be back where im at right now.. my next move it to be able to add domain mapping and multiple domains plugin. do i really need both of them to mask the domain

• Michelle Shull

Hey Doctor!

You should be safe to add this to any of your sites. I don't see any bits that would be specific to your one site.

You can try using Easy Theme Updater, or just keep a good changelog of what text on what lines needs to be replaces with what new text. I second Michael's recommendation to talk to the theme developers, as well, about the issues you're having. Maybe they can address them on their end so you won't need to worry about redoing the changes after each update.

Thanks, Doctor!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.