Display all Courses assessments

First, I'm trying to display assessments for all courses at once. But currently CoursePress only allow assessments for one course to be viewed at a time.
See image.

Is there a simple workaround could use to make that work?

Second, how can I add a course completion date column to the assessments page?

• Panos
    • SLS

Hi there Greig ,

As Predrag already mentioned, both need custom coding.

I'm trying to display assessments for all courses at once

First lets make clear what you need. Do you mean you need to list in the same page, all courses with their Units and [ages and modules?

In that case, you need to allow in that list students to enroll or create replies, then it will need a serious amount of coding. It's a completely different approach of what CoursePress follows and would add a huge overhead to your server's resources if you have a big number of them. If you need a simpler list, with perhaps a link to the course, it sounds more realist to achieve. In such case, perhaps we could provide something to start with.

If you mean that in each course page, you want all the Modules listed in the same page, again there is no built in method to allow that without ending up with errors. So it will also need a lot of work to achieve not only in the display, but also in the submission of the information. A workaround would be to add all the modules in a single unit. Then perhaps with some js we could add some content between some specific modules.

how can I add a course completion date column to the assessments page

There's no filter available I'm afraid. Please let us know if you are interested in a solution that would add that column with ajax.

Kind regards!

• Greig
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Pasos,

Thanks for your reply.

No no. Just a filter added to the dropdown below "Select Application" in my image (which was "Select Courses") that is "All Courses" so you see all the users for all courses.

If a column could be added to show what course they were on in that case, that would be ideal.

I am indeed interested in a custom column using ajax for the "course completion date" too.

• Panos
    • SLS

Hi Greig ,

Thanks for the clarification!

I just had a closer look and it seems that it would require heavy modification on plugin files.

The list items are being fetched in
    CoursePress_Helper_Table_CourseAssessments::prepare_items()
    which uses
    CoursePress_Admin_Assessment::search_students
    and
    CoursePress_Admin_Assessment::filter_students

They both require the course id. We can't use them without setting any specific course id nor can we set multiple ids at once I'm afraid which means that only one course can be fetched at a time, as this is how it has been designed.

So it doesn't seem possible to accomplish without heavily customizing the plugin files. This sort of customization exceeds the scope of our support. You can accomplish that by hiring a skilled dev. For all our members Codable offers some discount as you can see in our partners page here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/partners/

Keep in mind that this is a large change and any changes on plugin files will be overwritten on plugin update.

Kind regards!

• Panos
    • SLS

Hi there Greig ,

I forgot about that as I was focused on how to add columns via plugin hooks. Sorry for that.You can try out the mu-plugin from here :
    https://gist.github.com/wpmudev-sls/1d1a105bbc8bd1e4a9b11451c69cca18

Download it, unzip and upload the php file to your wp-content/mu-plugins folder. If that folder doesn't exist, you can simply create it.

It's meant to be more of a guide rather than a complete solution, as we can't cover complex custom requests. However if you find that it is not working please let me know so I could have another look.

Kind regards!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.