Display Facebook User on Posts at Facebook

Hey there,

i’ve just purchased the Ultimate Facebook plugin, works fine!

Here’s how I use it:

I give users the ability to submit posts from the frontend of my site. They could login via your Plugin. When they submit a post it’s also automaticly published on the belonging Facebookpage. It would nice if not the page is the author (inside Facebook) but the Facebook User who submitted the post.

If this won’t work, is there an option how I could style the Facebookpost a bit. Because for now there is no featured image, simple the site title an one sentence of the content.

Thank you in advance

Best

Sascha

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey there.

It would nice if not the page is the author (inside Facebook) but the Facebook User who submitted the post.

How do you mean?

So if they post it goes to their Facebook page, rather than your APP page? Or your page?

If so that won't work with this plugin.

If this won't work, is there an option how I could style the Facebookpost a bit. Because for now there is no featured image, simple the site title an one sentence of the content.

Is an image not included in the post itself?

You can also set a fallback image for opengraph usage. See screenshot.

Take care.

• tiff1708
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

So if they post it goes to their Facebook page, rather than your APP page? Or your page?

If so that won’t work with this plugin.

Yeah I know that this will not work. I want to be able to link the post the user generated with his or her facebook profile at the website and for the automatic posted content at our Facebook Fanpage. Any workaround for this? Cause through Comments it seems possible.

Thank you

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Well I know it’s not possible right now, but lets move this over to the feature request area.

Ve, our developer on this plugin knows Facebook much more intimately (and this plugin code) than myself and will know if it’s possible to allow post submissions to both the posters page and the sites fan page at the same time.

Would be an awesome feature, especially in multisites where networks want posts going to their fan page and a site owners page as well along with their authors page. :slight_smile:

Take care.

• tiff1708
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I think you misunderstood me.

There’s no need to post something to the user page, all I want is a link to their profile and maybe their Avatar. For Comments this function is already included. If someone comments through his facebook login at the wordpress site I’m able to see his facebook Avatar and the link to his profile. For Frontend posts this could be maybe done through the “Map WordPress profile to Facebook”. I mapped the “facebook profile” to the user_url meta, but this doesn’t work. Getting this work is Step 1.

Thank you in advance

Sascha

• Vladislav
    • Dead Eye Dev

Hello,

Just to add to what Timothy already said, the post on your blog are published as feed posts on Facebook. The comments within Facebook comments are, well, comments, and they’re rendered differently. As for mapping the profile to Facebook data, for an already existing WordPress account you’ll also have to tell the plugin to actually sync this data for you. This can be done through the dashboard widget that comes with the plugin.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.