Display Google Adsense Ads – Is there any tutorial or manual?

WPMU 2.8.4a, Supporter Plugin. Still new to WPMU!

I would like to display google adsense ads on all blogs and only be removed when they turn into Supporters.

Is there a tutorial/manual to do this?

If not, what is the correct procedure?

Thanks.

• cbriere
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Thanks for the advice. I looked into the forums and can’t find exactly what I need.

Depends on where you;re going to display them within the blogs.

I would like to display the ads like the ad-sharing plugin. That is, have the option to display ads before and after posts and pages, but with the only difference that once a blog turns into a Supporter ads will be disabled automatically in said blog.

Thanks again.

• Burak
    • Flash Drive

If you want you can add ur ad top of all your blogs just editing the "wp-includes/general-template.php".

And also you can edit all your themes and add them a php include code. Then just create a file like ads.html and put your ad code into it.

• cbriere
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

@ drmike

Thanks for the reply.

Well, if it’s before and after the Post content, there’s a number of adsense plugins that do that automatically already. I would just do a check against is_supporter and if false, display the adverts.

Do the adsense plugins you mention all work with Supporter Plugin? (That is, ads will be disabled for Supporters?) If yes, kindly provide its names.

You also mentioned:

I would just do a check against is_supporter and if false, display the adverts.

How can I do that?

@ Burak

Thanks for the advice. However, I opened the "wp-includes/general-template.php" and it seems quite complex. I’m not a developer.

@Andrew

Suggested WPMUDEV plugin in Feature Suggestions & Feedback forum.

Thanks to all.

• Andrew
    • Champion of Loops

Do the adsense plugins you mention all work with Supporter Plugin? (That is, ads will be disabled for Supporters?) If yes, kindly provide its names.

No. You’ll have to edit the plugins.

How can I do that?

You have to edit the plugins. Ex:

if ( !is_supporter() ) {

//code that displays ads goes here

}

Thanks,

Andrew

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.