Display highest rated posts - according to a WordPress category

I have several categories on my site and need to allow site visitors the ability to find the highest rated videos within each category and sub-category.

For example, site visitors use the top navigation of my site, which lists all of the site's categories, to navigate to a specific category. From there I will display links to:
---Highest rated posts of all time (specific to the category the user has navigated to)
---Highest rated posts within the current month (specific to the category the user has navigated to)
---Highest rate posts within the current week (specific to the category the user has navigated to)

It doesn't seem like there is a short code that will pull the highest rated posts for a specified WordPress category, in a specified time-frame but perhaps I'm missing something.

• aecnu

Greetings kauffey19,

Thank you for your feedback, it is greatly appreciated.

I will certainly put this into the feature requests, I do think it is a great idea though the things are currently available for the site and the entire network but not for categories as you have suggested.

However, as it is now with careful planning one could make it so that each sub site of a MultiSite is in fact a category and have performed the same function while reaping SEO juice by the category name being part of the URL.

I will alert the developer of the feature request.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Member!

Cheers, Joe

• Jeff

Hi AECNU,

If I were to go the multisite route to get this functionality out of the post voting plugin, how would buddypress be affected? Would buddypress be installed in the primary site and then shared across all the sub-sites/categories? To me it seems like buddypress couldn't be used with this sort of setup as users would have to register with each site individually. Ideally I'd like the user experience to be seamless across the entire set up. Where users have the ability to create a blog post and push it to any of the 8 categories I have.

Thanks!
    Jeff

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.