Display Links to Premium Content but Don't Allow Access

I’ve got a user account setup for strangers to the site and am prohibiting them access to any post with the category ‘Premium’.

Unfortunately that HIDES the entire post. I’d like to show them the link and excerpt; but prohibit their accessing the full post.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings actempire,

Welcome to WPMU Dev!

It would probably be in your best interest in which you described you want to do to use level shortcodes to show the excerpt and protect the remaining content.

I.E. blah blah blah [level1] protected content [/level1]

Please advise if that does the job for you.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings actempire,

Thank you for the additional question in which because there are so many configuration possibilities with Membership this is one you will have to apply to your installation and see if it works.

I cannot picture exactly what you mean by adding the more tag and where, therefore I cannot answer this question.

Please advise how it worked out?

Cheers, Joe

• actempire
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

The 'more' tag solution works. Here are the steps I took to achieve it.

1.) Under the desired Membership access level add "More tag" as a Negative Rule. This will cause any content beneath the More tag to be invisible to users of this access level.

2.) Modify your post with the More Tag. Update the post.

Now at this point if you've done nothing else and a user of the desired type logs in, they'll just see everything above the More Tag and nothing else. So on to the final step.

3.) Under Membership -> Options navigate to "Content Protection" and scroll down to "More Tag default". Enter your desired HTML / Content to display when the More Tag is present.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.