Display settings events+

Is it possible to work with /event/event-x for the event-slug and /events/ for the archive?

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Pure Pixels

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I'm afraid that this is not possible "out of the box". The slug set in "Set your root slug here" option on "Events -> Settings -> Plugin settings" page servers as a "root slug" for internal rewrite rules so all the events will be "child pages" of that "root page".

Changing that via some .htaccess rule is not a way to go as you can "rewrite" URL there to your requested format but then plugin must be able to "handle" that and it wouldn't be as such a rewritten (via .htaccess) URL would simply load a 404 not found page.

Therefore that must be changed on plugin level by changing internal rewrite rules. I'm not sure though whether this is already possible with by hooking to some Events+/WP filter/action or if it would require changes in plugin code.

The question has already been forwarded to our 2nd line support and they'll see if that can be achieved - if there's some workaround. Please keep an eye on this thread and we'll update it as soon as we get to know about available options.

Kind regards,
    Adam

• Pure Pixels

Hi Adam,

Another little thing for the Events+ plugin, if possible to add to the list of wishes would be to include the title of the location/venue. Right now the event only shows an address of the location. It would be perfect if it also shows the name of the venue when applicable. For example, we now have an event in a restaurant, so it would be nice to include the restaurant name with the location details.
    I can't find a way to fix this, maybe you could help me or add it to the wishlist for this plugin!

Thanks again!
    Bas

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Pure Pixels

As for your initial question about events slugs, I'm afraid that will not be possible. After consultation I can tell that this would require some serious changes in plugin code, there's no "workaround" currently.

This would have to be custom developed so if it's an important thing you might consider posting a job request question on our "Jobs & Pros" job board (please note: no WPMU DEV staff involved) here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/wordpress-development/

As for the "location/venue". There's no separate "venue information" implemented. I'm not sure, however, if I correctly understand your request. Currently, in Events+ you can add location information in a "Location" text field in "Event Details" box on event edit screen

and it will be displayed on the single even page

I believe, though, that I might be missing the point on this so if you could, please, explain that a bit more, it would be great. I'll then see what could be done about it.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Pure Pixels

Hi Adam,

Thanks again for your fast reply! We are okay with the slugs for now, we've found a workaround which suits for the moment.

About the title for a location, that is more difficult. I tried adding the title, but it only uses the details from the map, the extra added title is not showing up. It's either the title, OR the address, both seems to be impossible.

Am I missing a trick, or trying to find the limits within the plugin?

Cheers! Bas

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Pure Pixels

Thanks for explanation, that's clear now.

You should be able to use a different method for this.

I assume that you're using our own Google Maps Pro plugin, right? On "Settings -> Add-ons" page you can enable "Geotag my posts" add-on, then on "Settings -> Google Maps Pro -> Geotagmy posts" you'll be able to enable that feature for "Events" post type.

After that, when you go to edit an event, you should see an additional "Location" meta box in the right column (right above "Featured Image"). Adding just a "location name" to the box where you currently add name and maps shortcode and then adding venue address in that second "Location" box down there should result in both name being displayed and a map.

Would you give it a try, please?

Kind regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.