Displaying Images on /Store

We are migrating an existing client's store over, and they'd like to display images on /Store, either general category images or actual product images. They would like a grid look, but we can't change the theme to use gridmarket - the site is running studio.

I'd hoped there would be an easy way to style the store pages using shortcodes but if there is I'm not seeing it. Has anyone done a css grid that will work with studio? That /store page is one ugly beast:

http://www.stoptheroundabout.com/store/

Thanks in advance!

• Grafics
    • Flash Drive

I'm attempting to achieve something similar, the grid-view plugin doesn't include the excerpts so it's not quite what we need.
    If someone knows how to get grid-view to include excerpts that would be great.
    I also need to organize section of the page with categories. Struggling with creating custom page templates at this point.

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi Grafics,

I believe it'd be relatively simple for a developer to get that plugin to display excerpts. I've not had a close look at the code but thinking through it I'm pretty sure a developer could get that done for you pretty quickly and without much cost.

The templates are generally much simpler though. You just start with a copy of your theme's template files (ie. make a copy of single.php and rename it mp_product.php, or copy category.php and rename it mp_category.php).

By default that should just work, and you can proceed to make changes where you like.

-David

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.