Displaying new posts and pages on the front page of the Network theme.

Hello

First of all, I'd like to thank you for this theme cause it's almost exactly what I was looking for, even before I knew wpmudev.

Now, for my question:
I see you can choose to show the following on the front page:
- posts of the main site
- network posts

Now I'd like to know if it is easy to customize it so that the following shows up on the front page:
- network posts
- network pages
?

If you think it could be easy to customize this, then I know I can take a look at it myself and try to work it out.
Thanks in advance.

• Kimberly

marchel

Hello and Welcome to the WPMUDEV community!

I've been looking around and it seems that you will require some custom coding to get the result you require. I cannot see an easy way to do so, but perhaps you can start in either one of these two files

/wp-content/themes/network/library/components/feature-content.php

or

/wp-content/themes/network/library/functions/custom-functions.php

I'm not familiar enough with css to give you a solid starting point beyond that. All I know is I see something calling recent network posts in both of the above. Wish I had more for you!

Please let me know what you find and how you proceed, I'd like to follow along and learn as well :slight_smile:

Best,

Kimberly

• marchel

Ok, found it, was easier than I thought.
    It's indeed in:
    /wp-content/themes/network/library/functions/custom-functions.php

If you only want the most recent posts of a certain network site to appear, as it is now, then you'll find the following original code for a number of times in this file:
    AND post_type = 'post'

If you would only want the most recent PAGES of a certain network site to appear then you have to replace all the occurences (probably not all but can't hurt) of the original code by:
    AND post_type = 'page'

If you would want the most recent POSTS OR PAGES of a certain network site to appear then you have to replace all the occurences of the original code by:

AND post_type = 'post'
    OR post_type = 'page'

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.