Displaying new posts and pages on the front page of the Network theme.

Hello

First of all, I'd like to thank you for this theme cause it's almost exactly what I was looking for, even before I knew wpmudev.

Now, for my question:
I see you can choose to show the following on the front page:
- posts of the main site
- network posts

Now I'd like to know if it is easy to customize it so that the following shows up on the front page:
- network posts
- network pages
?

If you think it could be easy to customize this, then I know I can take a look at it myself and try to work it out.
Thanks in advance.

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

marchel

Hello and Welcome to the WPMUDEV community!

I've been looking around and it seems that you will require some custom coding to get the result you require. I cannot see an easy way to do so, but perhaps you can start in either one of these two files

/wp-content/themes/network/library/components/feature-content.php

or

/wp-content/themes/network/library/functions/custom-functions.php

I'm not familiar enough with css to give you a solid starting point beyond that. All I know is I see something calling recent network posts in both of the above. Wish I had more for you!

Please let me know what you find and how you proceed, I'd like to follow along and learn as well :slight_smile:

Best,

Kimberly

• marchel
    • New Recruit

Ok, found it, was easier than I thought.
    It's indeed in:
    /wp-content/themes/network/library/functions/custom-functions.php

If you only want the most recent posts of a certain network site to appear, as it is now, then you'll find the following original code for a number of times in this file:
    AND post_type = 'post'

If you would only want the most recent PAGES of a certain network site to appear then you have to replace all the occurences (probably not all but can't hurt) of the original code by:
    AND post_type = 'page'

If you would want the most recent POSTS OR PAGES of a certain network site to appear then you have to replace all the occurences of the original code by:

AND post_type = 'post'
    OR post_type = 'page'

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.