Displaying voted posts for logged in users, template usage

Hi,
Two questions
1. It would be nice to display a list of stories people have voted for if they're logged in. I'm sure that formally that's a feature request, but if I wanted to try to hack it together myself, any suggestions on where to start?

2. I'd like to include a single thumb up option, using this plugin, but for styling purposes a shortcode or widget won't work. I know how to call a shortcode in a template, but wondering if there's a more direct way to do it.

• Kimberly

Hello there!

For #1 I would say yes, that is a Feature Request. I would ask how you would quantify these stories, "most recent" or a specific category?

For #2 I would say your other option, besides the template, would be to comment out the reference to the thumbs down. I think I might try the template option in a child theme myself :slight_smile: Just to preserve any changes I made.

Best

Kimberly

• ymousley

For #1, I use a plugin that allows me to create more of a front end page for users (similar to how it is here, where logged in users who aren't admins or anything related to the blog have a dashboard that's customized more to my site than the WP dash). I'd like for users who are logged in to see a list of posts they've thumbed up.

For #2, I build my own themes, so no worries about changes getting lost,I just want to be able to reference the function so it fits better with my site. For example, I have custom graphics for sharing on Facebook and Twitter, I'd like to add a similar graphic that points towards the link that will thumb the post up in my system and include it with all of the other social features.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.