Divi Builder Global Defaults feature isn't an option on your hosted sites

I really want to transfer my site to you, but none of the sites you host support the Global Defaults of Divi Builder (in either Divi or Extra). I know it's hosting issue because this feature works on my only site hosted elsewhere (also with WPMU DEV plugin etc). Other plugins i tested, too. Even created a new site hosted with you, starting from scratch. Its a hosting issue.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Liliya

I hope you’re well today and thank you for your question!

There’s nothing on our hosting that would be specifically “targeted” at this Divi builder feature or Divi itself. I must say I’m not familiar with how this feature works “under the hood” (code-wise) but I’m thinking that if anything – it could possibly be cache.

On WPMU DEV Hosting we use object caching (as most of managed WP hosts do in fact) to speed up database queries. Such cache stores the results of common/frequent database queries made by scripts (in this case WordPress) and that might mean that in some cases, these response might be different than expected. It’s configured specifically for WordPress so unless there are serious changes made to the database – mostly to options and similar aspects – it shouldn’t interfere but, as I said, I’m not sure how Divi’s handing that feature code-wise.

I see that you got a site on our hosting already and I believe it’s, at least for now, a test site, is that right? Can you tell me if you tried flushing cache on host meanwhile to see if that helps? You will find an option to do this in Hosting section of the Hub for your site, in “Tools” tab.

Also, would you mind granting me a support access to the site so I could test it there to see what’s exactly happening? I would then check with our sys-admins to see what we could do about that.

In order to enable support access, please go to the “WPMU DEV -> Support -> Support access” page in site’s back-end and click on “Grant support access” button there, then let me know here once it’s done (as I won’t be notified automatically).

Best regards,

Adam

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Liliya,

I’m afraid that I don’t see access being granted on any of your sites hosted with us, can you double-check the WPMU DEV > Support and make sure that it shows there that the support access is open?

Let us know how it goes or we’re going to do a different approach to check this out.

In the meantime, I did some tests with Divi on my test site hosted with us and I didn’t have any issues with using the global changes, I have made a short video showing what I did so if I’m missing something there please let me know:

https://monosnap.com/file/8DZrspVo5l9kS4T9SAU7gj5Frkji3Q

Best regards,

Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.