Divi child theme

Hi - I am new to WordPress and am planning to use Divi. I've uploaded a child theme I would like to use but am still seeing a free template I had downloaded but since deleted. Any help on removing this theme and getting the child theme started would be appreciated!

• Sara
      • New Recruit

Hi Frank,

I am still seeing a child theme I had downloaded and then deleted under 'theme customization' on the Divi dashboard, I can't seem to find away to delete it and I have a different child theme activated so unsure why that isn't showing. Any help would be appreciated!

• Nastia
        • Support Rock Star

Hello Sara

Hope all is well!

If a child theme can't be removed from Appearance > Themes, please try to remove it manually. Access your site's folders via FTP, go to wp-content/themes/ locate the child theme folder and delete it manually.

Let us know how it went!

Cheers,
        Nastia

• Nahid
    • Tech Support

Hey Sara !
    Hope you are having a great day!

Nahid here, following up from our last Live Chat session. It looks like this thread was opened before our chat had started, where I addressed the same issue and it was resolved. Just for future reference, we were able to make sure that the new child theme was correctly installed and the old child theme was removed. There was some content and the logo left over from the old child theme data, which were needed to be removed manually.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you need any further assistance regarding this. Thanks!

Kind regards,
    Nahid

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.