Divi Theme update via the Hub

Hey guys,
I was just wondering, since wpmudev seems to have a lot of members using Divi, if any effort is being made to allow the Divi theme to be updated from the hub?

I understand that it is due to the way elegant themes have their updates setup and don't want you to build your platform specifically to accommodate one vendor but since the Divi community is quite large maybe you could run into Nick Roach at a Wordcamp and discuss a solution? :wink:

I would love to be able to manage it all from the hub rather than still having to access the dashboards of many of my client sites just to update Divi

Thanks

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Baldafrican,

Yes, Divi has their own workflow when it comes to updates, and I understand you concern regarding this. In general Divi theme requires a key for it to update via WordPress dashboard. However, if the theme could be updated via the WordPress dashboard, it should have worked via the Hub in most cases too.

Could you please point out couple of sites where you having issues regarding updating the theme via Hub, and please grant support staff access to those sites so we can take a closer look regarding this, so that I could bring this into our developers attention, and consider what all improvements we could apply further on such use case.

Regards,
    Nithin

• Baldafrican
      • Made in Africa

Hey Nithin

Thanks for the reply.

As for which sites, basically all my Divi sites do not update. I think the best one that you guys can feel free to play with is oceansauce it is on your hosting so you can view the dashboard and the files behind. Hopefully a solution for this can be found.

Thanks again :slight_smile:

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Baldafrican,

I tested in both WPMU DEV Host site, and in my local server for both test websites, and I was able to update Divi via WPMU DEV Hub, without any issue.

However, I checked your oceansauce website, and I could notice the WordPress dashboard isn't showing any updates available for Divi theme version in general, nor I could notice any updates in Hub.

Divi does save the username, and API key without validating the username, so even wrong key, or username is saved, Divi won't alert the user. Are you sure you have the correct username, and API key save inside Divi Theme Options?

Could you please confirm that? By default once the Username, and API key is saved, Divi theme updates should be visible in the WordPress dashboard, which should in turn appear in the WPMU DEV Hub too.

Is there any other websites where you notice update available in the dashboard side for the Divi theme? If yes, could you please enable support access to that site too?

Please let us know how that goes. Have a nice weekend. :slight_smile:

Regards,
    Nithin

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hey Baldafrican,

In the hub it will show there are no theme updates but when I go into the dashboard, it says I have a Divi theme update and need to update it.

Is there any such sites where you could enable support access to? That doesn't seem to the be case with the oceansauce website though. In oceansauce website, the WordPress dashboard isn't showing any updates for Divi even in the dashboard side.

The steps are pretty same as connecting with Divi theme as mentioned in here:
    https://www.elegantthemes.com/documentation/divi/update-divi/

Would recommend you to double check the Divi login credentials entered are correct, and please do let us know once you enable support access to couple of sites where you notice the updates are showing in the dashboard, but not in the Hub.

Regards,
    Nithin

• Baldafrican
      • Made in Africa

Hey Nithin,

Happy New Year!

I will take a look at the other sites and see when an update becomes available. I am leaning towards it being a Divi issue though as it does not seem to work well on Multisite (the automatic update that is). To update it, I seem to have to do it manually each time. Will keep working on it though.

Thanks for your help so far!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.