Do I check the box for 'preserve individual api settiings?" on Ultimate Facebook?

So I have a multi setup with subdomains, using pro sites. (www.client1.mymultisite.com)
I want upper level clients to be able to use this plugin. I am confused about the proper way to configure this plugin.
I have created an api and have it working on my main site (www.mymultisite.com) and i created another api for a client site (www.client1.mymultisite.com). Both work fine. HOWEVER- I am not sure if I need to keep creating individual api's or is it possible to set the plugin in "network settings" in my multisite:
[[[from wpmu instructions: These check-boxes are your options that will determine if your subsites will use the API information you set on the Network Admin Ultimate Facebook Settings. You will need to pay special attention that you enable your sites to use the Network API in the Facebook API Settings section if you do decide to force or enable the option.]]]
then after, -if that is what I am suppose to do-, does each sub site just activate the 'Ultimate Facebook' and enter information, or do they need to also go to Facebook and create an api on their own?
Thanks in advance for any clarity on the confusion I created to myself at at this point.

• PC

Hello @aaronjamesweb

Greetings and thanks for posting on the forums.

Its pretty simple. Let me explain that for you.

1: Override individual blog settings

These are general facebook settings which can be overridden if you select this box.

2: Preserve individual blog API settings

This box is used to preserve the individual blog's API settings (Facebook app secret and API key)

Remember, this is different from Individual blog settings. It only controls API settings.

3: Do not allow per-blog settings

If you check this box, the subsite owners will not be able make any changes to plugin settings from once you select the box and save it.

So if you want the users of a particular level only to be able to use the plugin you can control that via Pro Sites

And if you want to allow them to create and use their own facebook application then you check Preserve individual blog API settings and uncheck Do not allow per-blog settings

I hope that helps. Please feel free to ask if you have more questions on the same.

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

• PC

Hey Aaron,

Thanks for posting back.

I do not have the plugin 'network activated' I activated it on my main site and on 1 subsite. Under main site under plugin settings-network options, I only have 'Preserve individual blog API settings' checked. Everything seems to be working correctly. Am I just missing something?

If you haven't got the plugin network activated, its all fine. You are not missing anything :slight_smile:

I hope that helps. Please feel free to ask if you have more questions on the same.

Cheers
    PC

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.