Do I HAVE to install the WPMU Dashboard to use a PRO plugin

Can I run this plugin WITHOUT the dashboard installed? I don't want the extra overhead for the dashboard.

• Ken Kimbrell

Hello clamoreaux-

Our dashboard is a convenient way for you to download your plugins and gain access to our themes and upfront editor. It also allows you to enable support access so we can assist you with problems along the way. See link below:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/getting-started/getting-support/#chapter-4

However, if so desire to only make use of our plugin. You can go to WP Smush Pro
    and download the zip file here: See image below

Just click on that link and you will receive the zip file, where you can then manually download the plugin to your dashboard. Also keep in mind that our dashboard notifies you of plugin updates and gives you an option to update your plugins.

Let me know how this works for you!

Take Care,

Ken - WPMU DEV Support

• Ken Kimbrell

Hello clamoreaux-

It was brought to my attention by one of my colleagues that you will have to take some additional steps to utilize the WP Smush Pro plugin in order to make it work without installing the WPMU Dashboard. However, again there is nothing but benefits of having our dashboard as it can keep you from manually doing all of these steps and makes accessing our plugins, themes, upfront interface, and getting future updates a breeze.

In order to manually integrate the plugin, you will first need to obtain your WPMUDEV API key: You can do that from our WPMU Site by going into your profile and clicking on account

Then in your wp-config.php file you are going to want to enter this line of code

define('WPMUDEV_APIKEY', 'API KEY GOES HERE');

directly under the define('WP_DEBUG', false); You will want to replace the 'API KEY GOES HERE' with your API Key

By default define('WP_DEBUG', false); is set to false. In my image I have it set to true. This mode should only be implemented and set to 'true' when in development mode. As it can output a lot of errors on the front-end making your front-end user experience not so aesthetically pleasing.

Let me know how this works for you!

Take Care,

Ken - WPMU DEV Support

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.