Do I need annual subscription for plugins to work?

I recently signed up with you and want to know what happens when my subscription end and I don't want to renew? Will I then not be ale to install the plugins as i see it requires a dashboard? Please advise, and will the plugins continue to work for about a year or so?

• Tom Whittaker

Hey,
    well on my point of view i think you should renew your account as much as possible for many reasons. For instance when your account is up-to-date you get all of the new updates and sometime the new updates are very very important to get, because they sometime address security/vulnerability issues that was found in previous version or new features that was not in previous version and if your account is update, you wouldnt have to worry about these vulnerabilities And you will get the new features.

Secondly , with an up-to-date account, you will be able to enjoy the AWESOME forums support or direct support to your WPMUDEV Dashboard, which pretty awesome because sometime they go beyond the regular support. Just talking from experience with these guys.

So, i think you should give that a second thought. Hope that answer your question.

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Aloysius, hope you're doing well this evening! :slight_smile:

The plugins would work after your subscription has expired, but you would need to have an active subscription in order to download them via our WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin. Of course, if you downloaded the plugins manually beforehand, you could install them manually.

Of course, as Thomas mentioned here, there's definitely benefits to keeping your subscription active, like the support we offer, as well as updates to our products (don't forget new products as well!). :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

Edit: As a few of our plugins require API access, I'd like to quote our Terms of Service briefly on that:

While all of our plugins and themes will continue to function without a membership, some require API access to a service of WPMU DEV. These currently include, but are not limited to Anti-Splog, Integrated Video Tutorials, WPMU DEV Dashboard and WP Smush Pro.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.