Do I need BuddyPress with Prosites

There are a number of plugins available for creating a community of blogs. I've run into incompatibilities of these plugins. In an effort to keep it simple; Can I use WordPress Multisite and your Pro Sites plugin to:
Create a site customers pay a subscription fee and manage their own blog page from a "dashboard";
Manage a blog page for both personal and professional connections;
Place the login and password boxes in the main menu bar instead of having popup boxes and separate forms?

That's it nothing more. Thank you.

• Bojan Radonic

Hey there Jerry,

How are you doing today?

Create a site customers pay a subscription fee and manage their own blog page from a "dashboard";

This is exactly what Pro Sites does :slight_smile: This means your customers will pay a subscription to have their own subsite on your Multisite network. You can create different types of levels with different prices, you can also use plugins such as New Blog Templates to create predefined demo sites for them that they will just edit vs starting from scratch.

Manage a blog page for both personal and professional connections;

They will definitely be able to manage their own blogs as they will be administrators on their own subsites. I'm not sure that I understand the part with personal and professional connections so could you please clarify on that further?

Place the login and password boxes in the main menu bar instead of having popup boxes and separate forms?

This part will depend on the plugins that you're using on those subsites, you can use plugins such as this one https://wordpress.org/plugins/baw-login-logout-menu/ that would allow your customers to have this type of functionality on their subsites.

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Bojan

• Bojan Radonic

Hey again Jerry,

I see why you didn't like the plugin I mentioned above as that one has only link that opens login form on the page. I didn't find a plugin that would offer exactly this but I found one that could work as a starting point and with some modifications would look as what you're looking to have.

https://wordpress.org/plugins/login-sidebar-widget/

This plugin allows you to add login form with a shortcode, this means we can easily place that in your theme header. Normally the form looks like this:

But with some CSS changes we could make it look like this:

If this could work for you then you could use this plugin, what needs to be done is simply using php function to echo shortcode anywhere in your header, to do that you'll have to edit header.php that should be in the root folder of your theme in /wp-content/themes/, I'd strongly suggest the use of child theme just so your changes do not get overwritten on theme update. Once you're there depending on where you want to put this you can simply add the following:

<?php
    echo do_shortcode('[login_widget]');
    ?>

if you wanna have the whole section you'll probably have to wrap that with a holder (in a <div></div>:wink:. When you have that you can share link to your site where I can see this and I'll help with the CSS to make it look like on the screenshot there :slight_smile:

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Bojan

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.