Do I need Multisite? Community or BuddyPress?

Hi all,

I have a few questions that touch on more that one topic that I am having trouble finding answers to.

I am planning a Fundraising Community for medical expenses and special needs. I am currently using WPMU Fundraising for my daughters expenses and thus far have had no issue. Now that we are getting close to our goal I would like to use either BuddyPress (leaning toward BuddyPress) or Community coupled with Fundraising and open it up to the public as several of the people she has made friends with have asked if I could help in their efforts.

I have been trying to figure out if I even need Multisite for my project. From what I have found so far it is clear that if I want to provide individual "campaign beneficiaries" the ability to receive funds directly I need it. At first look that may not be a big deal, however I would like the process to be as simple as it can be. Maybe even wizard driven.

So, if my non-profit handles fund disbursements do I need Multisite to create what I am after?

Either way is there a means to streamline new member project creation so all they need to worry about is adding their cause, photos and if allowed their own info for payment gateway?

Hope this was not too long of a post. I just wanted to be clear about what I am trying to do.

Thanks for you attention in this.

Patrick

• nusolutions
    • The Incredible Code Injector

From what I have found so far it is clear that if I want to provide individual "campaign beneficiaries" the ability to receive funds directly I need it.

If you're looking to provide individual campaign beneficiaries the ability to receive funds through their own blog then MultiSites works as it allows you to provide multiple websites from a single installation of WordPress. So basically you'd provide a beneficiary with a blog / website, customize it, and configure it to receive funds via a payment system. The beneficiary can then upload photos and market their cause as they see fit.
    You can use BuddyPress as it allows you to create groups and link the group to a blog. New members to your site can choose to join a beneficiaries group and contribute as they choose. In addition you can integrate Pro Sites and Membership.

My confusion to your question:

So, if my non-profit handles fund disbursements do I need Multisite to create what I am after?

I'm sure one of the gurus will reply and reconfirm, or correct, what I've stated.

hth

• Patrick
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Thank you for the info. I have to say I love how quick I get responses here.

Taken from my initial post;
    "At first look that may not be a big deal, however I would like the process to be as simple as it can be. Maybe even wizard driven.
    Either way is there a means to streamline new member project creation so all they need to worry about is adding their cause, photos and if allowed their own info for payment gateway?"

Is it possible to create a site like "GiveForward" or others where you can just signup and have near instant access to create a campaign?

Thanks again for your help.
    Patrick

• Patrick
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Tom,

Ultimately no. It would be my preference for individual campaign funds to be directly disbursed to the beneficiaries. With that being said, I am not tied to one solution or the other at this time.

After nusolutions post above and doing more research I have settled on using BuddyPress and with that it became apparent that I need Multisite.

Thank you,
    Patrick

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.