Do I need Open Graph Support to be checked if if I don't what happens or what will not happen

Do I need Open Graph Support to be checked?, and if I don't have it enabled what happens? or what will not happen?

Let me start from the beginning.
I bought a meme generator plugin and it would not work or show the meme photo ( you can see the default image that only showed before the imbed-ed image shows ) to write the content on. the plugin I bought is from here http://codecanyon.net/item/meme-generator-wordpress-usergenerated-content/3768291
on my site the page that has it is here http://www.photopinups.org/10-guy-meme/
If I disabled Ultimate Facebook it worked fine. (by the way the two tests were with all plugins disabled except for the meme generator and Ultimate Facebook when needed)
Then I went a step further I started disabling features inside of Ultimate Facebook and What I found was if Open Graph was not checked on the Generator Worked. When checked and on it Did not load the Embed-ed image.

Now getting back to my question
Do I need Open Graph Support to be checked?, and if I don't have it enabled what happens? or what will not happen?
I use autopost and comments, I don't use the Like button from it I have another plug in for all the major Likes, shares and email (ShareThis)
If I do need Open Graph for what I'm using What would cause it to stop Meme Generator from working.
I know I'm asking a lot of question I would really like to finish up this project I have over 600 meme image templates to post for this plugin. :>

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hiya,

Here is more info on open graph : https://developers.facebook.com/docs/concepts/opengraph/overview/

As far as the Ultimate facebook plugin is in picture, OpenGraph allows you better control over what is shared on Facebook when someone clicks "Like/Send" button.

You can set a default image to be shared on facebook or you can select a fallback image in that case it will attempt to use featured image or first image from the post for sharing on Facebook and if that fails, fallback image will be shared.

If I do need Open Graph for what I'm using What would cause it to stop Meme Generator from working.
    I know I'm asking a lot of question I would really like to finish up this project I have over 600 meme image templates to post for this plugin. :>

Even if you keep open graph disabled and share any post on facebook, it will pick up first image in the post and share it along with the post on facebook.

Cheers, PC

• HamRadioDude
    • HummingBird

OK that helps so for now until we can figure out why its blocking the Plugin from working I have to leave the open graph off. I did notice in the css it gets the image for the meme via a iframe not sure if that makes a difference but it stood out to me for some reason.

• Vladislav
    • Dead Eye Dev

Hello,

As PC said, OpenGraph allows you to control exactly what Facebook scraper "sees" when they crawl your page. Failing to find these tags, the scraper try to use whatever else it can find, which is more often then not actually not what you really want. There are some other uses and some of the features are more important then the others, but in broadest terms, this shouldn't cause a significant malfunction. Now, having said all that, I would really like an opportunity to debug and solve the conflict with the meme plugin you mentioned, and allow you to have both of them working properly. Is there perhaps a free version of the plugin available so I can debug the conflict myself?

• Vladislav
    • Dead Eye Dev

Hello,

Of course, the plugin author's wishes are the priority. If we can do anything from our end to facilitate the process of making the plugins mutually compatible (e.g. making a code change in our plugin, help with understanding the code etc) please let me know.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.