Do I need Pro-Sites with this?

I have pro-sites installed and i am wondering if i could use this instead on a standalone basis.

If the answer is yes, then how do i migrate pro-sites subscription to whmcs

• Timothy Bowers

Hey Becky.

The short answer is yes.

However Pro Sites is handles premium themes, plugins and extra features. Thats not something which WHMCS can handle.

We plan on integrating this plugin to work with Pro Sites so that you can have the best of both worlds! But that isn't yet.

How it will work is a product could be assigned a pro sites level. So you buy at WHMCS get a level. The advantage is the huge amount of payment gateways WHMCS has to offer and all the other incredible features for billing and support.

Take care.

• becky

Hi Timothy,

Thanks the info. I haven't tested the plugin yet. I want to find out more before testing the plugin to see if I should use it.

So what you are saying is I don't need to transfer my existing clients to WHMCS because both will run side by side. On renewal, the users will have to stick to the system they had subscribed to initially - i.e if they subscribed through pro-sites then renew through there, if whmcs then renew through whmcs?

Or is this meant for new install of pro-sites?

Cheers

• Timothy Bowers

Hey again Becky. :slight_smile:

Sure they will run next to each other.

So yeah renewals in Pro Sites will continue in Pro sites and renewals in WHMCS will be handled in WHMCS.

There is no integration yet between the two. But you can use it as I describe here. Personally though I would try to make them use one or the other because supporting it will mean you have two things to check rather than one.

We plan on supporting Pro Sites later through WHMCS, so later you will be able to offer Pro Site levels and status from WHMCS.

I use WHMCS to sell domains, cPanel hosting, Shoutcast hosting and some other things, so for me it makes sense to use WHMCS. If you only sell WordPress hosting in a multisite then Pro Sites will be excellent on its own.

WHMCS does offer excellent billing, gateway and support features though. :slight_smile:

Let me know if you have any more questions. :slight_smile: