do i need the paypal application id for marketpress?

im confused about the application id needed for chained paypal payments.

i thought i was supposed to fill out an application but it looks like i have to create one.

with my paypal business account i already have an API username, signniture and password.

im confused about what im creating an application for...me...my users?

why is it needed?

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @airot87

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

The Application ID is needed for the chained payments process to allow the use of it to pass payments through the chain, from the person paying to the seller then a % amount to you, that's mainly where the App comes in is the % amount charged, without the App you can't use chained payments or charge a %.

The actual App it's self is for you and your users, for you to put the credentials into the site to allow your users to use it and also to allow you to use it. PayPal requires the use of an Application for chained payments, adaptive payments or anything similar.

There is a great thread here about submitting an application https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/xcommerce-application-process-marketpress-fundraiser
    It's not unusual for it to take up to 2 weeks for them to get back to you, I'm afraid.

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.