Do I need to create the eCommerce pages?

As a result of switching between about 3 different ecommerce plugins to see which I thought worked best, I have managed to delete the important pages of my shop...such as shopping cart, products etc. The only page I have is the main Store. How do I get these again so that the shopping cart etc works?

I've been trying to figure it out myself for ages now but I give up! Tried uninstalling and reinstalling the plugin in the hope it would add the pages automatically again but that hasn't worked either :slight_frown:

Thank you!

Natalie

• Vaughan

hiya

marketpress doesn't have physical pages for the shopping cart, they are virtual pages.

however, just try deleting your store page & products page from dashboard > pages

make sure you remove them from trash too.

then go to dashboard > settings > permalinks and set them to post-name. if they're already on postname, just hit save and the permalinks should be regenerated again.

hope this helps

• Natalie

Hi there,

Thanks for your reply!

Sorry if these are stupid questions, but I don't understand how people can view their shopping cart then? Do I need to create a link to it or something? I tried before to add a couple of products to my cart and then went to /store/shopping-cart/ and nothing came up... And now I have no store page - did I need to recreate that after deleting it?

Thanks again,
    Natalie

• Vaughan

hiya

sorry for the delay in responding.

the shopping cart page is a virtual page, you shouldn't need to create that.

but the store page you can create in dashboard > pages

just create the page with a title of store & use shortcodes

alternatively, if you go to dashboard > products > settings > presentation tab

scroll down to where the page slugs are, and hit save, then those pages should be created automatically for you again.

also make sure that your permalinks in dashboard > settings > permalinks are not set to default.

hope this helps

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.