do i need to extra no index content for google inside any restricted plugin content?

Hi
I would like to know if i use any of your plugins that enable me to restrict content ( fro example membership ) , if i need to password protect in my server the content also, or through robots.txt, or is not necessary.

Thanks for your help

• Michael Bissett

Hey @wordev! :slight_smile:

By "content", are you referring to posts & pages, or are you referring to items inside of the Media Library?

If the former, then you wouldn't need to use a password or robots.txt for that. As for the items inside the Media Library, I would be more inclined to add a rule to your robots.txt for that (though I would make it a broad rule, noindexing the media folder in general, instead of specifying specific files, since it's possible for the robots.txt to be read by others).

Hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

• wordev

Hi Michael
    Thanks for your response. I'll try to clarify further.
    Imagine that i have i membership site with membership pro plugin and inside the member area ( protected with password) i have a bunch of videos, that are displayed only for members ( either paying or not)
    With the plugin is enough or i need to do extra job for protect this content? And is protected also for the browser bots?
    Thanks

• Michael Bissett

Hey @wordev,

As far as the page (or pages) where you're displaying the videos are concerned, they'd be protected by Membership Pro, that wouldn't be a problem. :slight_smile:

Anyone who tries to access the page without having the appropriate membership wouldn't be able to view it, they'd be redirected to the protected content page set up by Membership Pro.

Hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.