Do NOT show Floating Social for these types setting does not work as expected

Hi guys,

I've installed the Floating Social plugin. nice one!
however I've got a problem with the setting "Do NOT show Floating Social for these types:".
I choose "Choose individual entries" for pages and select my "Contact me" page because I don't want Floating social to be shown on this page. The result is that it disapears from all pages.
Am I expecting a different result then this setting is meant for?

Thanks in advance for the reply.

• alperen
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi phil,

I just tested v 1.4.1of floating social it with theme Twenty Eleven 1.3.
    with this theme I see that the setting works as expected, so I conclude it is caused by my theme?
    You have any idea what I should look for?

in the process I've discovered another problem. I excluded some pages from showing the floating social, and went back later and changed another setting and saved again. then I've noticed that the exclusion settings were overriden. no more exclusion. it was showing on all pages again. maybe something to look at for the following version.

Thanks.

• alperen
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Phil,

I created my theme myself. I have other plugins where detection of individual pages is required in use, for example the dynamic widget plugin. But I don't have issues with that one. Bizar, I've been trying find a reason myself but I have no idea what it could be of where to look further.

Regards.

• alperen
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I believe I've solved this issue, but I've done a lot of changes and not only related to this issue. So unfortunatly I cant tell what caused my problem :slight_frown:. But hey, It is solved, and I won't complain :slight_smile:.

Regards,

Alperen

• alperen
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Found the reason of my problem.
    Floating Social won't show on any page where I use the "WordPress Post Tabs" plugin. It is a plugin to show posts and pages in a tabbed way. Since I was using this plugin on some important pages I had to make a choice and for now I have disabled Floating Social. I will look for a solution if I find the time.

Regards

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.